RC51 Forums banner

Honda RCV (211-212-213) details

12K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  atvrcr500 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I hope to get into the paddock and garage this year at Indy.
I never will

Have fun my dear friend....

P.S. Could you send me over some oil from it's crankcase? Thanks

#5 ·
Good stuff, I caught that on another forum as well (Honda posted that on June 19th, FWIW, so it's pretty recent). Learned quite a bit after reading through every section on the RC-V211-213 at that URL.

Additionally, for Fireblade fans, there's a similar one entitled "Honda Adds History to CBR1000RR Site" (went live back on March 26th of this year):

http://world.honda.com/CBR1000RR/history/index.html

:)

#7 ·
I have some RCV pictures from the 2011 Motegi event. I'll see if I can dig them out... :D

#8 · (Edited)
Here they are...Some pics for you Makis! :)

They were "just" display bikes so maybe dis-used spare machines or something like that, but they looked pretty damn special anyways. Below are pics of 2 different RCV 212's (I didn't make a note of which pics belong to which bike - sorry (Also got some of Yamaha VZR M1's if anybody wants to see.

#10 ·
#9 ·

#13 · (Edited)
OK, here's the Yamaha YZR M1 (Thanks for the correction, Makis! ;)
for comparison purposes with the RCV212 :D:

#15 ·
And another we saw along the way...

#16 ·
Another Honda. Gone, but so fondly remembered... (Simoncelli went on to get 4th at Motegi 2011, after having got a ride-through penalty for jumping the start).
Here he leads Andrea Dovizioso.

Don't really have many good pics of the actual race, as we were only on a grandstand.
Besides, Moto GP has much better images, etc on their site for members ;)

#17 ·
Those Brembo calipers are made of forged lithium-aluminum alloy with titanium pistons.
Not only are they 60% lighter than aluminum monoblocks, they are also 60% stiffer.
They cost around $7000 per caliper. They are wider the a usual caliper due to the reinforced-carbon-carbon (RCC) pads that go with the RCC rotors.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.