RC51 Forums banner

Thermae front-mount radiator kits

19K views 38 replies 25 participants last post by  TDKR7 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have some SP-1/2 front-mount rad kits available, $899 not including shipping.

The kits include upper and lower radiators, oil cooler, coolant link pipes, oil line-to-crankcase terminals and mounting hardware. They do not include the coolant hoses or oil lines themselves. The kit is track-oriented but can be used on the street - there's a threaded port to mount a fan thermo switch in the upper rad (I supply a CNC block-off bung in the kit if this is not required).

Message me if interested, thanks for looking,

Jimmy

See less See more
#3 ·
No v-cowl can be used with this setup right? Might not be the best street application (debris from road might damage the radiators right?). I totally want to do a front mount setup but maybe for my track bike only?

#4 · (Edited)
The v-cowl has to be either cut down or omitted so yes, the radiators are more susceptible to damage from stones etc. However I've been running mine on the street for years without issue, they ship with a stone guard safety-wired to the lower half of the lower rad. The front-mounts are far more efficient than the OEM side-mounts as long as there's air coming in through the cowl. There is room behind the lower rad for one or two SPAL 4" fans but if you're crawling in stop-and-go traffic on a hot day they will have no advantage over the stock side-mount system. Once moving however there's no comparison ...

The kit is brilliant on the track. The feedback I get from racers and track day users is all positive. I ran my own bike with a built motor on the track this week in 100F conditions, coolant temps stayed constant around 180F.

#22 ·
Fab up a custom cover with 1/4 holes that covers the rads, and a screen behind it to protect it from rocks.

My Shadow has a plastic rad protector, and I've been dow a fair amount of gravel roads... She's not really dented at all. I'll snap pics of the guard when I get home.

The guard is mayhap 1/4" from the fins, so plenty of clearance on both sides... It'll make it more street friendly ☺

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

#28 ·
Hi Darren,
yes I still supply the radiator kits though I will not have stock again until next month. The price is the same as it's been for years: US$875.00

If you need additional info please PM me your email address and I'll be happy to send you some.

Regards,

Jimmy

#33 ·
Not sure which exhaust you have there 5.4 but my ladybird Ti setup required that I make my own line for the bottom connection on L TO R radiators...I also got some AL mesh screen for to cover them...you also CAN mount 2 spal fans even though others have said that you cant////my pics prove it can be done!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.