RC51 Forums banner

New member currently in acquisition mode

10K views 44 replies 12 participants last post by  drifter83 
#1 · (Edited)
New member SP2 build

Hey guys, great forum here. I've been lurking and reading it for quite awhile now.

I'm looking forward to purchasing a RC51 soon and have a question on their market value. I've got first dibs on a private sale and they're asking $4k for a 2002 with 13k miles, Hotbodies undertail, and Jardine high mount slip-ons (aluminum cans).

It's been well maintained, service up to date by a dealer, and in pretty clean overall condition. Is this a fair price? Also, how is that Jardine exhaust? Barely any talk about them, seems like the Sato's get a whole lot more attention. Seems like most have been discontinued for awhile now. That full ti ladybird system looks so amazing haha. Maybe one day :)

#32 ·
I believe I have a set of engine bolts, plus shock linkage nuts & bolts from Pete, along with boxes of other tasty stuff to fit incl. some from DHC too. :)

Hoping to find time in the next couple of weekends.... told my wife I wanted to spend all of next weekend on the SP2, since I looked after the kids all weekend whilst she was out having fun with school friends.... Now it's my turn to play. :p

#34 ·
Pete is a gem, you'll love his work. Everybody does. :)

Well worth waiting for.

#35 ·
Finally an update to mention. Just got my fork tubes back from getting diamond like coating. I'll be sending them off next week to Kyle Racing for the 30mm Ohlins NIX cartridge upgrade.

The fork tubes currently have the OEM fork bottoms on, but will be replaced by the Style and Performance fork bottoms with radial caliper mounts.

#36 ·
Got the forks back the other day. Unfortunately this will be the last update for awhile as I'll be deployed for 9 months and unable to work on her :(

I was hoping to get her back together before I left, but there was too much training and other preparations to be done and I didn't have the time.

Oh well, I'll still be following the forums closely and most likely all my DHC bodywork will be done by the time I get back :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.