RC51 Forums banner

FULL Akrapovic Ti exhaust..

12K views 39 replies 14 participants last post by  Vern 
#1 · (Edited)
FULL Akrapovic Ti exhaust.. PRICE DROP!

Selling my Full akrapovic ti system all in terrific shape.. one hotspot one the right muffler and a couple tiny scratches on the akra branding (right side only barely noticeable, scratched in garage never dropped only on the brand logo). other then that immaculate, no dents. is currently off the bike and ready to ship. If anyone wants other pics feel free to ask! (in case anyone missed it, this is for the FULL exhaust, header, mids ect all springs included..)

Akrapovic FULL system will fit all models rc51/sp1/sp2, only difference is the exhaust inserts.
(thanks)

Feel free to pm or call/text 315-420-6586

asking $1500 OBO!
-jack

Attachments

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
"QUOTE" from ""ROUGE RC-51""
Akrapovic are touted as the premier exhaust manufacturer in the world and provide a lot of exhausts for factory race teams all the way up to MotoGP prototypes. They are also the most expensive & although most people that bought them will never admit they made a mistake & will attest till the day they die that they are the best cans in the world, I have had several Akra owners tell me that while they are put together with the precision & care of a NASA scientist, they really aren't worth the money in what you get for performance advantages on an RC51 with the exception of some increased top-end numbers, but come'on how often do you ride around at full throttle redlining the bike at 10,200rpm??? It makes a lot more sense to buy a slip-on that gives you the gains where you need it the most in the low & mid-range. Update for 2011 Akra appears to have discontinued both their slip-on & full systems for the RC51.

It should be pointed out that while I am not a fan of the Akra products for the RC51 I still firmly believe they are one of if not the premier exhaust manufacturer in the world. Their exhausts are pricey, but are of exceptional build quality and always fit together perfectly. They also routinely make a lot of exhausts for Factory Race Teams at the World level of competition which says a lot considering there are more than one brand of exhaust out there that pay for sponsorship rights to a race team. More on that further down the page...

:confused:
I would love to own a set.... IF for nothing more than the BEAUTY of AKROPOVIC welds, craftsmanship... simply beautiful...
Have owned three complete, (FULL EXHAUST) sets...
I hope this supports this members sale...:)

#28 ·
Appreciate the info RCD. Just getting my SP1 back into shape and quality parts are hard to find for the RC let alone an SP1! I want to also do a swingarm conversion soon and I guess that's another question. With the Sp2 swingarm, will the SP1 mid pipes work?
On another topic I think it was one of your posts I replied to about RC's in ATL! Today's a great day to ride!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.