RC51 Forums banner

Duckhunters SP1 Project

158K views 747 replies 75 participants last post by  Duckhunter 
#1 ·
Ok guys, I have read ALL the info I can find from here and speedzilla, and Ben's walk-through of it. Been shopping for parts lately since my recent down....
I have bought up the following parts to do the swing arm conversion on my sp1
-rear swing arm from sp2
-the sleeve for the engine
-the nut/bolt/adjusters/castle nuts from sp2
I do not know if I needed the rear axle and the chain adjusters ect too ( or if the sp1 stuff works on the sp2 arm ? ) so I got those too :rolleyes: (back up parts never hurt) I do not think I need anything else to complete the swap, if I do please point it out for me.:D

I have got this stuff coming in next week and my new Etho's slip on's are here now too, got them fitted and did a sound test....they sound awesome:eek::D !!! Thanks to gts455 on that !! I am just waiting on some stainless muffler hangers from Simon which he ordered up from Ladybird parts for me, Thanks Simon !!
I will post up my results on the swap.

#562 ·
Thanks guys - It was an expensive investment for sure. I hope to have a fresh hugger design for use with the HRC replica soonish and a one off heat shield which is to be very much a replica of the HRC design. Not fitted the exhaust yet, may be a few weeks minimum until I find the time.

#566 ·
Brand new pads installed into my Discacciati billet calipers with TI pistons.

Also a set FG-322 Radial brake adapters from SBKdrew's first run.

Just waiting on that dang Stainless Braketech full floater for the rear still :rolleyes::)

Attachments

#571 ·
Thanks Jake - It is finally all starting to come together - slowly.

Will be one of the best road-going SP's in the world when done.

Probably better than mine! :eek::D:p
I dunno about that buddy, but a good example sure enough of a highly modified Sp1 :) and of course what can come of a lot of time and patience.

Same boat on the rear floater. Spoke to Lee on this on Friday - still no shipping expectation he could communicate as of that day although he said braketech would come through before spring LOL
Spoke with Scott Monday morning - I was offered a Braketech Rear floater in the Iron version but that is not my cup of tea, and would rather matching stainless stoppers front and rear.

Duck, I have a wavy rear disc from before I replaced with a Braketech.
I can ping it over to you as a temporary measure, so you can fit all parts and get your brake lines sorted.

I also have access to cool parts from Goodridge to make up brake lines in any shape or form, with all sorts of angles available. I can take pics of mine if you want to see how I did then. If you want, I can go buy the bits for you when you're ready. :)
I will throw you a mail Stig, I know the measurement of the rear line so it reaches my Durbahn hidden caliper and which angle fittings are needed as well. Will take the wave disc to help with mock up for sure.

#568 ·
Good to see you found the pads closer to home, buddy.:D
Looking fantastic there. I'm looking forward to seeing these bits and more fitted to your SP sometime soon. Will be one of the best road-going SP's in the world when done.

Probably better than mine! :eek::D:p

Reactions: Duckhunter
#570 ·
Duck, I have a wavy rear disc from before I replaced with a Braketech.
I can ping it over to you as a temporary measure, so you can fit all parts and get your brake lines sorted.

I also have access to cool parts from Goodridge to make up brake lines in any shape or form, with all sorts of angles available. I can take pics of mine if you want to see how I did then. If you want, I can go buy the bits for you when you're ready. :)

#572 ·
I took in a package from the mail lady today that was from Dan Kyle Racing.

Mike ( The infamous LDH :p:D ) was a great help in giving me a good price on the PC5.

Will get the PC5 installed over winter.
When the bike is up and running ( very soon now ) I will be taking it to a new found buddy's dyno tuner for a custom tune, should make some good numbers with the intake setup ( DHC one off setup ) custom long stacks and Ladybird HRC replica.

The motor has about 27,000km on it and I have ridden it hard all of the time I have owned it since late '03 so 11 years now.

Attachments

#575 ·
Well I spent a few hours late last night attempting to fit the Sbkdrew Radial brake mounts, Discacciati calipers and front Marchesini wheel with the Akebono full floaters.

The only thing that did go on without a hitch was the radial mount adapters for the Fg-322.

Just had to order in 5mm spacers to allow the proper fit between the Akebono rotors and Discacciati calipers.

Also now need to have custom front spacers made to fit the wheel to the Ohlins forks.

Anyone who has a similar setup here care to provide some measurements for me on the left and right spacers used ?

#577 ·
That would be great as well. BTW, what axle size were you using with this front wheel ? Or captive spacers ?
The one I bought from Simon is proper but the one I got from you has oversize bearings ?

#579 · (Edited)
Got the chance to fit a few more parts over the Christmas holiday.

Dan Kyle supplied the 5mm Radial Brake spacers I needed to finally fit the Discacciati calipers to the fg-322 radial brackets, I got the brackets from Sbkdrews first run a little while ago.

Fit is pretty good I am just waiting on some front axle spacers now.
Love the sound of full floating discs in motion.

I also was able to acquire a very rare bit of TYGA history, an SPW front fender I got off Jimmy Bell at Thermae cooling.
Just need to reinstall the front fender brackets and order up some more AL hardware from ProBolt and more titanium from Pete at TI64 in the U.K.

New set of Dunlop Q3's are here and awaiting my other set of Marchesini Magnesium wheels which are still with my painter.

A few pictures to show progress.

Attachments

#583 ·
Thanks Andy, The brackets fit wonderfully - Stunning work man.

Makis, The spacers were not too expensive and I wanted to buy new as well.
Congrats on BOTY man, looks like you bagged it.

Will keep an eye out for the box Tom, looking forward to the heat shields as I know of a few members wanting some.

#586 ·
Hi Adam, Yes the Snorkel kits will work with ANY airbox.
OEM, MORIWAKI, T1, SQUIDSKINS and of course DHC.

The undertail can use the OEM tail light or a clear lens LED version of the OEM, which I do have in stock.
The signals are amber LED and also have the proper resistors to wire in for proper flash rate control.

Thanks Devil, for being a long time running #1 customer.

#587 ·
The undertail can use the OEM tail light or a clear lens LED version of the OEM, which I do have in stock.
The signals are amber LED and also have the proper resistors to wire in for proper flash rate control.
So...if a guy wanted a matte finish undertail (and i know you have been busy of late) is there a planned production run, or are you all booked up for the time being? Im in no hurry as my wallet needs to recover from holidays, but would like to get my name on the list :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.