RC51 Forums banner

bonnie scotland?

8K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Millsp1 
#1 ·
how many of you guys are over here?

#5 ·
I'm not there no, but the early half of my family heritage starts over there. I am in the family tree of the Bruce's. My grandmother has a VERY interesting heirloom passed down from that time. Just a simple plain necklace....but it is pretty cool knowing my family tree has been traced all the way back to him, and a little farther back.

#11 ·
No the bike is currently in my garage with the engine laying on the table (changing the valve stem oil seals and checking the valve clearances).

I don't ride at this time of year, normally the bikes go away around October and don't come back out till March/April. Absolutely desperate to get back out there though. I only managed a few hundred miles on the SP before having to put it away.

#9 ·
My Sp is snuggly covered and tucked away for the winter. Actually I could do with dragging it out and give it a good clean and polish then put it away again. I don't ride through the winter as its too risky and the roads are covered in total crap anyway. Lots of trucks digging up the soft verges here leaving random mud in your path all over the place.

So there is three of us on here now hehehe.

Looking forward to riding mine to Normandy next May though. Gonna tour the battlefields on it and see the beaches of the landings.

#19 ·
Late to the thread, but good excuse - was there - now here.....Just moved back from USA, bought back my 03 SP2 with me, located in Northampton area, saw another mainly red yesterday here and a couple nr Leeds/Weatherby separately - on the A1 at Bank holiday weekend (in the car). i.e. seeing more on the road here than I did in USA!

#20 ·
England's small enough that a trip to Scotland by some of the UK's owners would be possible. I used to go up there a fair bit when I was in the UK; mostly by car as we'd be camping though. Don't ever plan to bathe in Loco Ness in the spring though! :eek:

#23 ·
Not sure remaining apolitical, however one thing is for sure, the vote outcome either way now is not going to be the best news ever. if its yes theres issues, if its no there will be other issues. So from that perspective I hope its whatever the scottish want but by bringing it up its gonna just be a problem. Status quo is not just a rock band! Lol!

#24 ·
I'm still undecided but leaning more towards the "yes" we should be an Independent nation that can decide on the way it shapes its own future rather than a "no"

There has been little things annoying me about it, like the rest of the worlds view on it, for example President Obama saying that we should stay in the union.....Hmmm that's fucking rich coming from the leader of a nation that FOUGHT FOR ITS INDEPENDENCE AGAINST THE ENGLISH! but yet were aren't allowed to do the same....effing Hypocrite

The best thing is we aren't having to FIGHT for it, unlike many nations before us that had spilled the blood of its people to get it, all we have to do is tick a box to get that Mandate and its ours.

#25 ·
I'm still undecided but leaning more towards the "yes" we should be an Independent nation that can decide on the way it shapes its own future rather than a "no"

There has been little things annoying me about it, like the rest of the worlds view on it, for example President Obama saying that we should stay in the union.....Hmmm that's fucking rich coming from the leader of a nation that FOUGHT FOR ITS INDEPENDENCE AGAINST THE ENGLISH! but yet were aren't allowed to do the same....effing Hypocrite

The best thing is we aren't having to FIGHT for it, unlike many nations before us that had spilled the blood of its people to get it, all we have to do is tick a box to get that Mandate and its ours.
It's very unfortunate that anybody anywhere has to pay any attention to anything he says.

#27 ·
I hope you have a great ride up here. I went out yesterday and it was awsome. I'm off to southern Ireland in 3 weeks with a bunch of friends. Not posted in a while but Normandy was amazing and the sp behaved flawlessly. The roads in France are some of the best I've been on so highly recommend it. Went to see the ww2 landing sites and also paid respects at the American war memorial. Totally blown away. I'll try to post some pics at some point but I'm useless with attaching pics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.