Who knew a scooter would lead me to an RC51 - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-17-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Who knew a scooter would lead me to an RC51

I was out of the riding scene for 18 years. Over the last two years my wife was talking about getting a scooter. Last may she finally bit the bullet and bought a Piaggio MP3 250. She did not have her license so I took it out a few times. Than I caught the bug and need my own bike. In July I bought a 1987 Honda CBR250 Hurricane gray market bike. It was in mint condition with only 1400KM (875miles) Part of the reason I bought this bike was for my wife to learn how to ride a motorcycle. For a little 250 it put out 48HP and redlined at 16K..lots of fun to ride. In September she decided she had no interest to ride a motorcycle so I sold it and bought an 03 VFR800. Every spare minute I had was on the bike making up for lost time. While visiting forums I started to hear about this RC51. I had never heard one or saw one but had this urge to buy one. I kept my eye on the classifieds with the intent to buy a well used RC51 for to use as a track bike. I came across an ad where the sell was taking the best off and need to sell ASAP. I did not think much of it but I responded with a low offer. My intention was not to insult the seller but I was just looking to get track bike. The seller accepted my offer just over $5K. Again I still have never seen or heard one. My wife and I drove over to take a look and I was just dumb founded. The bike was in mint condition and that exhaust was stunning. I doubt he rode it in the rain it was so clean. The bike has a complete Titanium Arata exhaust, 12,500KM (7800miles), corbin seat and PCII. I picked up set of Pirelli Cosica III tires, Hyperpro steering damper, SS front brake lines, and a Scorpio alarm for insurance purposes. I am little nervous putting it on the track but if I take it easy and stay smart everything should be fine.

Now I just need to wait until the spring to take out for a ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow good bargain & alot of aftermarket parts...if u wanna sell off the Arata full system, let me know...

1/6 HRC Fast Trottle,Scorpion SS Slipon Race Can,15/42(530) Afam Sprocket,PC3 WZ Yoshi Mapp,Brembo RCS Master Pump,After Market Brake Line, Flapper Valve Mod,Pair Removal Mod,Rumble Under Tray,RockWall Clipon,Endurance Race Fairing,
Hyper Pro 3D Shock,Turnone Kevlar Airbox & Carbon Intake, Hyper Pro Height Raiser Kit,Hyper Pro Linear Fork Spring,Harris Rear Set, CF Stator & Clutch Cover..more to come..., Slipper Clutch,Radiator Scoop,Factory Pro Shift Kit,
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-21-2009, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
My intention was to buy a bike for the track but this is too nice to track. I may get rid of my VFR and use the RC as my primary ride. I am going to hold on the parts as it sounds assume the way it is. I am going to add SS break lines, Corisca III tires and a Hyperpro damper for now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode