First 2000 miles - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First 2000 miles

Hey all.
Let me say after approx 2K miles I am in love. This bike rules. The sound, the torque, the looks, the imperfections, the sound. Did I mention the sound?

Couple things - I loaded a base map for the Akrapovic full system and it made a huge difference in driveability. What used to be a lurching barking beast is now a relatively civilized bike. But now, when starting cold it takes three tries before it will run without stalling. It also makes kinda funny (disturbing) engine sounds during those first couple tries. Any ideas?

I need tires also and i'm thinking of going from the current 180 to the stock 190/55/17.

Front brake pads are shot so i guess i'll replace with stock unless you guys know of decent aftermarket units.

I'm trying to get some maintenance done such as chain clean/lube and suspension adjustments but the weather is so bloody nice I just keep jumping on and riding! How often are you all clean/lubing the chain?

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2010, 07:46 AM

Hello!
I lube my chain after every other ride and clean and adjust when it needs it! About every 500 miles or so!
OE front pads will work great!
I have Dunlop Qualifiers on my RC right now! I like them a lot! However, I'm planning on putting a Dunlop Q2 on the front and a Dunlop Roadsmart rear on next tire change!

Have from with your RC and be safe!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Hey Everyone,

I'm still having the starting issues since switching maps. Unfortunately I did not back up my initial map information..

Does anyone have a map for an 01' with akrapovic full system, flapper mod, soft rev, high flow air filter? Or something close that may work?

I do feel that although the bike is now more rideable I likely lost some power going to the base map from the dynojet website.

Cheers

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2010, 11:59 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
What power commander are you using?
If it's a PCIIIUSB, then you may find a map on dynojet's web site.
If it's an earlier one, then you may have to find one from someone with similar setup.
Otherwise, the best way is to have the bike custom mapped at a authorized dynojet shop.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2010, 06:42 AM Thread Starter

Oops, yes sub it its a PCIIIusb.
Dynojet's site is where I got the map that I am currently using but I wanted to try another setup (similar to what my bike came with).
Next time I'll save the original file!

Cheers
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 01:38 AM

Hi i am also a new bike owner and loving my riding on my rc51.Its such a great bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode