First RC51 - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First RC51

Well Iím in the process of buying my First RC51. Itís a 2003 it has been laid down, but I got a good deal on it. I'm not going to fix any of the plastics or the exhaust at first. Iíve been a cruiser rider my whole life literally, when had my first ride when I was too young to remember it. My first street bike was a Kawasaki H3 when I was 15, my dad rebuilt it for me and gave it to me as my 15th birthday gift, and Iím 28 now. However I had a ZX9R form back in the day. I only had it about 10 months. My current bike is a Yamaha Roadstar 1700. After I ride the RC for a few months If I decide I like it and once Iím comfortable with the new riding style Iím going to replace the damaged parts. I am really excited about getting the RC51.

Just wanted to say hi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Smart move and welcome.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Hello and welcome!

When I was 15, I was working at a Kawasaki dealer assembling the H1 through H4, and Z1.
We also had an H1R they used to race at Daytona.
Back then, they ran unsilenced pipes and it damn near blew my eardrums out one day.
It had that huge-ass Fontana 4-shoe front brake.
I wonder how much that bike would be worth these days?

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

I did it!!! I am so stoked I drove it home about an hour and a half ago. All I can say is Wow. I fired it up and instantly fell in love with the sound of that v-twin thumping, vs. the wine of an inline 4. Not bashing them Iíll probably get one but I don't think Iím going to give this bike up. It feels really balanced way more than what I thought it would. But then I'm use to riding a 900lb bike. My buddy, I just bought it from said keep it under 6k for a while, he was not kidding. I wanted to tweek it a little and see what it would do but nothing crazy. Iím kinda afraid of launching from a dead stop in first gear right now, due to the extremely limited experience I have with sport bikes. So I rolled it up to some ware between 15 and 20 in first shifted into second took my fingers off the clutch and rapidly but smoothly opened it about 1/4 throttle, WOW! 130hp and all that torque is more than enough for me right now. I have to keep it parked until next pay day so I can get insurance on it and get it registered in my name. This is going to be a long wait. I got a feeling my Roadstar is going to sit for a while.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-03-2010, 01:34 AM

That's good to know.Welcome and enjoy your ride on the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode