Looking to get a RC51 - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking to get a RC51

I happened to be just lpoking around on here the other day and have come to some question. I found one post on here saying "can't wheelie in 2nd gear" now I find doing wheelies really easy so I go to look to see what people have to say. I found ALOT of what I would consider bashing saying "get a different bike". This has me curious because that is not helpful to this fellow rider at all. So I wonder why you all say that? Is this bike not made for some thing like that and if that's so then what exactly is it? Would it be that you all don't want some one running around riding wheelies on these bikes? That I under stand. I had to do that with wrx/sti people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 06:13 PM
Lifetime Premium

This bike is a different breed and very special to most people on here, such as myself. All of us take a lot of pride in our 51's and f'ing around on it popping wheelies and crashing blah blah blah is not taken likely here........this isn't a massed produced I4 or other type, this is a small community of people who take care of, "ride" and share information about this amazing piece 2 wheeled history. If you don't own a 51 or know something about them you wouldn't understand, it's as simple as that. I may feel more deeply about my bike than others but they will prob agree with me. Not trying to be a dick, just letting you know.

James

2003 Honda RC51 - 46K+
----------------------------------
PCIIIr, SATO low mount C/F, hotbodies undertail, SATO F/S, CRG shorty BRK & CLTCH levers, Magical Racing C/F speedo cover and rear hugger, HRC clutch & F Brake sock covers, Galfer SS lines all around, pair valve mod
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 06:48 PM Thread Starter

Like I stated, I fully understand that! I was the exact same about the wrx community I was part of. I was always telling people to keep racing at the tracks and to drive safely and smartly on the roads. I guess that was part of it, it's just no one really stated to keep the playing off the roads and ride smart. I was just wondering on that. I understand the falling in love with it from my Subaru life style that I lived. Believe me when I say that a bike like this does seem special. I would not have really liked it and be joining the forum before I get one if I didn't know this. I have another question. What is this flapper upgrade that every one keeps saying?

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbgottie View Post
This bike is a different breed and very special to most people on here, such as myself. All of us take a lot of pride in our 51's and f'ing around on it popping wheelies and crashing blah blah blah is not taken likely here........this isn't a massed produced I4 or other type, this is a small community of people who take care of, "ride" and share information about this amazing piece 2 wheeled history. If you don't own a 51 or know something about them you wouldn't understand, it's as simple as that. I may feel more deeply about my bike than others but they will prob agree with me. Not trying to be a dick, just letting you know.

James
Very well said.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Banned

/how serious are you about getting a rc? not far from diego with one
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Serious enough to say that I am not really interested in other bikes but not so serious that I will pay a crazy price! Please let me know more about this bike
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 07:51 PM
Lifetime Premium

well, all i can say is buy it, you'll love it.............if you don't love it, well, I'll still love it so it won't matter

2003 Honda RC51 - 46K+
----------------------------------
PCIIIr, SATO low mount C/F, hotbodies undertail, SATO F/S, CRG shorty BRK & CLTCH levers, Magical Racing C/F speedo cover and rear hugger, HRC clutch & F Brake sock covers, Galfer SS lines all around, pair valve mod
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoagie Rollz View Post
Serious enough to say that I am not really interested in other bikes but not so serious that I will pay a crazy price! Please let me know more about this bike
In Cali...you probably will pay a crazy price.

This is my second RC51. This is the only bike I have ever bought two of. (for now)
Once you get on one, there is no other ride like it period. People have their HD, Ducs, etc...no other bike is like this with all of the engineering goodies in streetable form. Once you ride and better yet work on one, you will quickly see why a lot of folks state Honda is number one in quality, fit and finish.

My dream, I want an RC of every year. Thats a true dream garage.
(And gts455's Aprilia Cube...)

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Yea I would really like one of these bikes. I love the way they sound, the way they look, and pretty sure I will love the ride of them.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Banned

2002 3500 miles, no dents or scratches, TBR carbon fiber high mounts, under-tail, great shape...6k firm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode