Are you ANAL ? ! ? ! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Are you ANAL ? ! ? !

LOL - OK folks, who else out there is ANAL about there stuff? And I'm not only referring to your baby, (your RC), it can be other things as well. This came up as I'm deciding whether on not to replace or fix the plastic damage from my slight hiccup I experienced two weeks ago. For those that may have missed my post, I reported that I dropped Arsey on its right side and I came away with minor but still irritating damage to the upper right cowl, and right side fairing piece, broken right mirror, scuffed up brake lever and bar end, bent right side foot controls. Up unitl the minor get off, my RC never touched the tarmac and has been prestine for almost 13 years. It will be 13 years this April that I took possesion of her. I already replaced mirror and brake lever as I had spares of those lying around. I was able to straighten out the foot controls but may want to replace those as well. Maybe bite the bullet on some Sato's.
So I'm torn, do I go ahead and bite the bullet on 800.00 worth of new plastic or just fix it knowing it may not be perfect. Anybody else out there as ANAL as I am? Hope everyone is doing well and remember - Rubber Side Down".

ARSEY51
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nah...not so bad these days, I've had kids so things get broken and worn.
Still somewhat anal about the bike but that's about it...

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 07:46 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
I've been thinking of buying all new plastic for the RC for a while, just for that sweet perfection....

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 08:29 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
I am ANAL as shit about my Bike and my truck....and now my new SUV I got today.....

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Banned

Like I said I have kids, I found a pbj sandwich in my VCR once you got to laugh that stuff off. Oh and my son helped me wash my new civic once but he dropped the wash sponge in the dirt and scratched the hell out of the passenger door.

Those are just little things that can be replaced...

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 10:27 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I do have my concerns, after having to keep up uniforms for 22 years. My wife tells every person -we meet -how Anal , perfectionist , I have my own things.

Nobody....((Like I said I have kids, I found a pbj sandwich in my VCR once you got to laugh that stuff off. Oh and my son helped me wash my new civic once but he dropped the wash sponge in the dirt and scratched the hell out of the passenger door.)))

I would have to see a psychiatrist..... Funny -And I laugh... but bonkers....
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 10:50 PM

I am anal but try not to get upset with little things that happen such as the ding, rock chip, ect. It does bother me at first but I eventually let it go. I do occasionally think about spending $ to fix the tiny little imperfections to make my bike 100% perfect but it is not a necessity especially since she runs like new.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kram View Post
I am anal but try not to get upset with little things that happen such as the ding, rock chip, ect. It does bother me at first but I eventually let it go. I do occasionally think about spending $ to fix the tiny little imperfections to make my bike 100% perfect but it is not a necessity especially since she runs like new.
Exactly, can't sweat the small stuff.

post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 02:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
DSM IV Diagnosis For A Doctor.

Absolutely obsessive. If I wasn't, I wouldn't be a doctor. Most of us doctors are.
I have replaced parts on my RC because of cosmetic blemishes, which were not prominent. Helps me sleep at night.
I breathe easier since I wrapped up my RC in 3M film. Cost to do so, here in Saudi Arabia, was $ 750.00 & 8 hours to complete. Now I have to do it again for the new 2002 European model bodywork I just received from the UK.
Pics in about 2 weeks.
I stubbornly refuse to take medications for my disorder. And a Psychiatrist colleague of mine from Med. School told me 10 years ago, that the only difference he noted between talking to me & one of his patients, was that he was not prescribing medication for me !!
Ha. Little does he know that I watch what I say in front of him .. . . . .
Take Care.
P.S. Congrats on the new SUV, Duckhunter. What make & model ? And I won't believe you until you post a picture.
And what happened to the new Civic, 1971allchaos ? I would have sold it, if that happened to me. Could not bear to look at
that door everyday, especially on the drivers' side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BikeRSideFlash.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	6794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cup.Cap..jpg
Views:	51
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	6802  

Ride Safe & Friendly.
Regards,
Dr. Rahi.

Last edited by Muhammad Atif; 02-13-2013 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Forgot to ask Duckhunter about his new SUV. And 1971allchaos about his Civic.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 07:50 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
I was anal once... but as I got more toys and less time, I became less. Then I got a family & kids. No time left to be anal, I'm just fairly tidy - but have too many projects that are works in progress.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode