what should i do? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
what should i do?

I have a line on an Ohlins steering damper for an SP1...I know that the stem is smaller, should I machine the mount to fit the SP2 stem? Or pick it up and flip it? Anybody interested?

What would you ask if you were selling? Please be reasonable as I know these are unobtanium.



nobody is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Duckhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Victoria B.C Canada
Posts: 4,560
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
I am interested !!!

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
Duckhunter is online now  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckhunter View Post
I am interested !!!
Why did I have a feeling? Honestly Duck the guy is humming and hawing about letting it go now. But I have a bunch of stuff he wants. I can wait him out.
I still don't know what to do? I have a really good machinist that could copy the mounting bracket and make one to fit SP2, sell it or keep it just in case.

I'll let you know.



nobody is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 06:45 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
JusAnadaMexican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 928
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
what should i do?

Nobody, do what the heart wants man, you'll feel Better once its done.


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2001 rc51 upgraded

1999 vtr 1000 "superhawk" sold

2006 650R Ninja sold
JusAnadaMexican is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
madbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,335
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusAnadaMexican View Post
Nobody, do what the heart wants man, you'll feel Better once its done.


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Its a steering damper....he's not killing his puppy.



The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
madbuyer is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-27-2013, 11:59 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Duckhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Victoria B.C Canada
Posts: 4,560
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Why did I have a feeling? Honestly Duck the guy is humming and hawing about letting it go now. But I have a bunch of stuff he wants. I can wait him out.
I still don't know what to do? I have a really good machinist that could copy the mounting bracket and make one to fit SP2, sell it or keep it just in case.

I'll let you know.
Yeah, lemme know cause I want it if you don't..... Pick it up and we shall work it out if your not gonna keep it.
The Accossato/Pipe Job Worked nice for me......

Keep me posted bud......

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
Duckhunter is online now  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 10:23 AM
Senior Member
 
wingnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Maple Plain Mn.
Posts: 1,327
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
I have a line on an Ohlins steering damper for an SP1...I know that the stem is smaller, should I machine the mount to fit the SP2 stem? Or pick it up and flip it? Anybody interested?

What would you ask if you were selling? Please be reasonable as I know these are unobtanium.
Is it this one ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	~~_3.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	8418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of isanti 2010 1244.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	8426  
wingnutt is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,636
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingnutt View Post
Is it this one ?
Ya that's it.



nobody is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Senior Member
 
wingnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Maple Plain Mn.
Posts: 1,327
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Ya that's it.
This is the best it gets so buy it and have D/K service the ram.
Then re-make the fairing stay out of carbon fiber and then send it to me for testing
If you do-not want it I am all over that item. lemmie know because I need two of them because I am a compulsive fool.
wingnutt is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Senior Member
 
wingnutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Maple Plain Mn.
Posts: 1,327
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckhunter View Post
Yeah, lemme know cause I want it if you don't..... Pick it up and we shall work it out if your not gonna keep it.
The Accossato/Pipe Job Worked nice for me......

Keep me posted bud......
Duck has dibs and yes mine is mounted properly the only downside is the tank on/off takes longer and the stay is steel
wingnutt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome