Market Research- Ohlins and TurnOne Airbox - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
View Poll Results: Would you pay more for an RC51 with Ohlins and TurnOne
Yes 13 86.67%
No 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Hig
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Market Research- Ohlins and TurnOne Airbox

I am conducting a short an sweet survey asking whether or not a reasonable enthusiast would pay a higher asking price for an RC51 equiped with an Ohlins suspension and Turn One airbox.

This is purely a yes or no. I understand it is more feasible to sell said parts prior to selling the bike BUT this is purely for research purposes only. Please answer yes even if the increased price you are willing to pay is minimal.

Thanks

No, I'm not selling my bike....or the Ohlins.

2001 #62. Ohlins rear/valves, Micron high mount, HyperPro damper, SharkSkinz, Tyga billet triple clamp, Tyga Carbon Fiber fender and hugger, Ti bolt/custom subframe/alien motion 8 cell diet, 15/41 520, COP conv. PCIII, Venhill lines, modified air box, turn signals in headlights...<deep breath> ZG Touring windscreen, Tech G rear sets, CRF450 rear master w/HRC cover, Tokico 6 pots w/V-pads, CRG Bar end mirrors, PSR Shorty levers-use only clutch, wanna-be basic racer paint, Roman Gold PC wheels

Last edited by Hig; 03-11-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Personally, I would pay more because I wouldn't have to buy those items later at full retail price.
I bought my '02 RC51 because it came already with Ohlins shock, Marchesini wheels, and Scotts steering damper already installed which saved me a lot of money on the back end.

Now potential buyers who are trying to low ball or maintain the price at blue book or NADA value, for those folks I'll remove the choice bits and give them what they want, a well-maintained, good condition stock bike at a decent price.

But I won't sell my bike and give away with all the goodies I spent thousands to obtain.
Those goodies will sit just fine in my house at no cost to me until I install them on a replacement bike, or decide to sell them at a later date.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Market Research- Ohlins and TurnOne Airbox

Yes

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Definitely. But only for the Ohlins, I would consider selling the airbox. I ride on the street.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 02:40 PM Thread Starter
Hig
Lifetime Premium

Thanks guys. Please continue to respond. The information gathered will help me greatly.

2001 #62. Ohlins rear/valves, Micron high mount, HyperPro damper, SharkSkinz, Tyga billet triple clamp, Tyga Carbon Fiber fender and hugger, Ti bolt/custom subframe/alien motion 8 cell diet, 15/41 520, COP conv. PCIII, Venhill lines, modified air box, turn signals in headlights...<deep breath> ZG Touring windscreen, Tech G rear sets, CRF450 rear master w/HRC cover, Tokico 6 pots w/V-pads, CRG Bar end mirrors, PSR Shorty levers-use only clutch, wanna-be basic racer paint, Roman Gold PC wheels
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 03:18 PM

Re: Market Research- Ohlins and TurnOne Airbox

You really shouldn't expect to many no's out of the group here. I think the definitive answer is yes....across the board with really any make or model...assuming were staying in the 'enthusiast' as the purchaser.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
I voted yes I would pay more for the bike with those items. But if you are selling you would be best to sell the items off then sell the bike with OEM parts as you will make more this way IMHO, seen it all too many times.

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I stated out looking for a "budget" RC51 and then realized the flaws in my logic. When I took the cost of a "stock" bike, and added the cost of the mods that I knew I wanted to have, it was considerably more than what I could buy a modded bike for. I ended up getting the best bike that I could find within my price range.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 04:40 PM

On a used/older bike such as the Rc51. Not so much for me. I like to build bikes they way I like them. After market parts really do not appreciate the way people think they do. Having built a few bikes with high end parts only to sell them again I know the value is in parting it out. Sure it take more time but in the long run it nets more $$$.

Take a used RC51 bone stock with say 15k miles on it in a good condition. It may sell anywhere from $3500-5k depending on overall condition and mileage. Now take the same bike with Ohlins Shock/Forks and Turn1 air box. Same mileage, same year same condition you are still only going up to about $5500-6k.

You haven't really added much value to the bike for resale. But in the the, if a person selling finds the right buyer, who know how much you can get for a bike on any particular day. Its always worth what someone is willing to pay.

Dave

"I live my life in a confused haze only to be interrupted by moments of brilliance..."
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-11-2013, 06:14 PM
Banned

I would be for Ohlins all the way around...more so than Ohlins/Turn one.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode