Muhammad MIA - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Muhammad MIA

Hey, Guys.
I haven't been on the forum site for over a month, except for 2 days ago, when I tried to see if I could attach pics from my Android 'phone to this silly Mac book that I'm forced to use at my brothers' house in Houston, Texas. I left Riyadh on March 5th. to come Stateside for some R 'n R. But it's more running around for me than when I'm at work (!). I must apologize for my post which does not have any pics, in violation of my oath not to do so. It was either to update you guys or else wait until I could get to a "normal" computer to download all the wonderful pictures that I have on my 'phone.
I got the body work for the RC a couple of days before I left Riyadh, but one day after donning new clothes, I dropped the bike while getting it down the ramp from it's air conditioned room, which is actually a Drivers' Room, with outside access from the house only, while my side stand was down (it was down because I was trembling with excitement & was afraid to drop the bike !). I was on the side of the stand & once it caught the slope of said ramp, down she went with a bang onto it's right side. Luckily, no major damage, but there were scrapes on the right side fairing. I immediately got on the 'phone to David Silver Spares in the UK & ended up spending another chunk of change to replace the damaged part. Had to run to the bank to transfer funds, before my flight the following day.
Anywho. Life's' like that.
But I've been running around non stop ever since; first on the East Coast & now in the South (my favorite part of the country !!), & right now I should be packing my stuff that I'm sending via Saudi Airline Cargo to Riyadh. Mostly stuff for the bike like Dunlop Q2s & spares & rider apparel & stuff from Motorcycle Superstore in Medford, OR. My favorite place to shop, but they're out of the new HJC RPS-10 helmets that I wanted. Ben Spies replicas will have to wait 'till next time. I got a white/grey Speed/Strength & a Bell helmet, just out of spite (!). But hey, those were real cheap.
However, I did get nice crystal & other decorative lamps, including Loreal #208 & Revlon lipsticks in that light pink color that I love & is pretty popular these days. So, my formula for happiness is that I buy my wife at least 2 - 3 items for every ONE item that I purchase for the RC. And I push her to buy as much gold jewelry as she wants. See, Duckhunter, I DO LIKE GOLD !!
What I'll do is wait until my lazy brother wakes up (it's 0930 hrs. CST, here in Clutch City), & see if he can help me attach some pics to his silly MacMachine.
Meantime, I also found out that he STILL has my old fuel tank that he said he would get rid of 3 yrs. ago. I shall try to get shots of that & see if one of you is interested in getting it. I will be PARTIAL to selling it to the regular members on this site. And we ALL know who they are. Especially the ones who were kind enough to help me with my indicator issue & jamesrc03 (did I get that right?), with the shots of the disassembled switch assembly. Just give me your offer, after you see the pictures. The only thing that is an issue, because of which I replaced it, is a very slight 1 inch indentation on the top left side of the tank, where my elbow once hit it. One does not notice it, because it's so slight. The tanks' been inside the house, except for the last 5 months, when it was in his garage & when the weather turned in Houston. He had asked the Au Pair girl to put it on Craigs' List, but she didn't. It was not stored with oil in it, but I do not see any signs of rust, as it has been indoors all this while & the weather was better when it journeyed over into the garage. I've put it back in the house. No thanks to that silly Au Pair, who has since been let go (!).
Well, it's now 1230 hrs & just to update you Guys, I could not transfer the pics from my SD card to the MacMachine because the pics I took of the bike with the UK colors & the fuel tank, are stored in the camera of said 'phone.
So, unless one of you Guys helps me find out how to transfer camera pics from a Samsung S III to a MacBook/Macintosh/whatever, then I'm afraid I've just very reluctantly broken my oath of not posting without a picture.
I hope ya'll forgive me for my transgression. This will not happen on my watch again, if I can help it. However, under my current difficult situation, I have no choice but to succumb to this torture. Sorry !
Okay. Gotta go. Sees ya later !
Be safe. And pray that I get to the RC in Riyadh in ONE piece. I've been riding my brothers' 2013 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol Edition, but I miss the fat old lady at home.
And NO, I'm talking about my RC & NOT my wife !!

Ride Safe & Friendly.
Regards,
Dr. Rahi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
This thread is worthless without pics
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Tattered Thread.

Sorry, Wingnutt.
You are absolutely right.
And I talk too much.
I will post pics as soon as I can figure out how.
But, Boy, did you read my thread super fast or what ?
Aren't you supposed to be at WORK !!?!!?
Later. Gotta go pack again.

Ride Safe & Friendly.
Regards,
Dr. Rahi.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Atif View Post
Sorry, Wingnutt.
You are absolutely right.
And I talk too much.
I will post pics as soon as I can figure out how.
But, Boy, did you read my thread super fast or what ?
Aren't you supposed to be at WORK !!?!!?
Later. Gotta go pack again.
Ha I am always at work... glad you can replace the boo boo.

The worst chance of a dropped bike is with the engine off.

Imagine loading mine in this van last week and trying to pay attention
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	meriii.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	30.3 KB
ID:	10810  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Is your gas tank all red, or is it like the US bikes and has silver on the top half?

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 04:44 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Is your gas tank all red, or is it like the US bikes and has silver on the top half?
?????????????

My Íhlins Project: https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6033
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSailor View Post
Congratulation to MakisRC51 for winning the 2014 Bike Of The Year Contest!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakisRC51 View Post
?????????????
All red like your tank Makis, or like mine, the color scheme for US RC51's...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RC51 euro tank.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	10873   Click image for larger version

Name:	JOHN Dec 2010 047.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	10881  

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

Last edited by jondog9; 03-26-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Add pictures
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Dibs on the tank !!!! Dr.Rahi.... Dawg has 1st call on the tank, I want it, if he does not.

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Download photobucket from the play store on your android phone. Once downloaded create or log into your previously created account. Once installed simply go to you picture gallry and "share" (an icon that looks like this < but with dots on each point) the picture with the photobucket icon that appears top right. When done, simply open the photo bucket app, select albums, touch the picture you want, push the menu button on the phone (bottom left) and youll see a tab that says view links openbit and touch the IMG one and it will be copied to you clip board. Come back to the Rc51forums.com app and long press to paste the img code into the thread....done and done, no need for those overly simplified macbooks, lol.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 03-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckhunter View Post
Dibs on the tank !!!! Dr.Rahi.... Dawg has 1st call on the tank, I want it, if he does not.
Bunch friggin magpies...

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode