I just wanted to say THANKS! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 06:44 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just wanted to say THANKS!

So my good friend Duckhunter has kept you guys up to date on the progress of my Satos...

Let me just rehash a bit, I purchased the two sets from two different sellers, one of the sets was a local guy to me and I saw that he had an RC race bike with lots of goodies. So I proposed an offer.
Let me sell your stuff for you because I may know a few guys interested. He hummed and hawed but finally gave in.

So I posted a for sale thread and sold 90% of the stuff here. My buddy Duckhunter got a good portion of the goodies at a great price and I made NO money as it wasn't about me making cash it was about helping out the board. I bought what I wanted and let everyone else get happy.

Well Duckhunter offers to clean them up and repack both sets of cans, well it turns into a serious refurbishing and the Ti cans were cut down polished and you guys see the result.

He put in a lot of time and effort and money doing this job for me...well at first he said he would not accept any payment just doing it for me because of the good deals I set him up with. I was having none of that...I first offered my Tyga rear hugger to sweeten the deal but he did not seem overly keen. So I turned up the heat.

I explained to DH that I did not expect him to do this for me for free and that I am not an ingrate or cheap bastard and that he would have to accept some sort of payment.

So we finally agreed to a price...as it sits I have pretty much 2 of all the aftermarket goodies for the RC and having acquired a billet Brembo clutch master cylinder. I felt my friend was deserving of something special.

With the spare lever of course! I honestly feel its not enough but he will not accept anything more.

I could have done the majority of the work myself but not having my shop anymore I am not set up to do a lot of work in my small space I have now. I have access to several other work spaces but they require traveling and I just don't have the time.

So this is a big shout out to one of the nicest people you could ever meet in person or in cyber space, he is a no bullshit straight shooter as real as they come and it is my honour to call you my friend sir...

Thank you again Duckie and you know if there is anything I could do to help you out in any way all you need to do is ask...

Btw all is good for this week and everything is set up with Dood, I think I will pass on the Sato badges as I'm working on someone to give up his old school Sato badges...I really like them.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 07:37 PM
Hig
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Anything less and this place would be called Sp.....nevermind

Just another testament of the closeknittedness (just made that up) of this forum.

2001 #62. Ohlins rear/valves, Micron high mount, HyperPro damper, SharkSkinz, Tyga billet triple clamp, Tyga Carbon Fiber fender and hugger, Ti bolt/custom subframe/alien motion 8 cell diet, 15/41 520, COP conv. PCIII, Venhill lines, modified air box, turn signals in headlights...<deep breath> ZG Touring windscreen, Tech G rear sets, CRF450 rear master w/HRC cover, Tokico 6 pots w/V-pads, CRG Bar end mirrors, PSR Shorty levers-use only clutch, wanna-be basic racer paint, Roman Gold PC wheels
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 07:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Garage
Very Nice

Growing old is mandatory , Growing up is Optional
BOTM / April 2014 , October 2016
Clint / 2000 RC51 #414

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Garage
Your very welcome my very good new found friend. I like to see people smile when they see the results of hard work. I am glad we were able to help each other out. After all that is what this forum and the members here are all about... helping one another out where and when we can.
Yumyumchef's bike was the best example yet. May he rest in peace.
And this is yet... another example of as Hig said.... the close community here on RC51.forums.
Again...your welcome L

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

-2001 Honda RC51 sp1 " Slightly Modified "
-2001 Honda 929RR Erion Edition
DuckHunterComposites
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 08:57 PM

Very nice you guys. Good to see stuff like that.

No Novels!

Fricken GOLD battery!
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 09:03 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Lord I hope the speedzilla guys don't see this......it will just absolutely ruin their days.

You silly Canucks, good work

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
Lord I hope the speedzilla guys don't see this......it will just absolutely ruin their days.

You silly Canucks, good work
Oh lordy ! That would put them over the edge for sure.

No Novels!

Fricken GOLD battery!
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
What a great story to read over morning coffee.

This sort of RC51 brotherhood & not the hum of bickering and willy waving that goes on elsewhere is what makes this the place to be. You guys are both an inspiration.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 09:33 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
What a great story to read over morning coffee.

This sort of RC51 brotherhood & not the hum of bickering and willy waving that goes on elsewhere is what makes this the place to be. You guys are both an inspiration.
There's a whale in the room?? And he's waving???

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 09:34 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
There's a whale in the room?? And he's waving???
Yeah, Moby Dick.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode