Laying out a new project.............. - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Laying out a new project..............

I (and a buddy of mine) have just started to scratch together an idea for a project and I am looking for parts. Specifically a Detroit 453T engine. We are looking to put together a bike hauler to roam the country and ride. We have full on sport bikes so touring and riding the bikes really isn't an option.

Here is the idea:

(this isn't the exact truck just a pic I found on line of the truck we already have)

A set of captains chairs up front.
Remove the back seat and use the space for tool storage etc.
Already have a clark five speed transmission with PTO
Fabricate a unit to hold it both bikes in a rack and hydraulically lift them out and set them on the ground (kinda like a roll off container).

The truck we have already has the dual tank set up so we are thinking of only putting diesel in one tank and use the other tank for whatever we can get veggie oil, old transmission fluid etc. It also already has the big rear end under it and we will modify the ratio after we get it running and get an idea of where we need to go with it. As of right now (just speculation) it will need the obvious custom motor/transmission mounts probably a 1 inch body lift and a cowl induction hood to clear the cross over pipe from the turbo charger to the super charger.

The transmission has a PTO so with a little work we should be able to run this off of the PTO:
http://www.powerdecks.com/news_event...e_id=34#jump34

Interested if anyone might have a line or know someone with one of these kicking around in a barn, and of course your opinions and suggestion are welcome as always!

Sean

Last edited by Sport; 04-18-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Good luck. I would recommend using the Pit Bull trailer locks. They are compact and easy to use.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode