RC51 Forums banner

Bilt riding gear

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  nobody 
#1 ·
I found some gear for someone on a tight budget. Its on cycle gear. The jacket was 150, pants 100, boots 50, gloves 30. Everything is well armored and the sizes are on the spot. The quality of these items seems awesome for the price but not as good as the really expensive stuff. I would put these in the same category as agv sport stuff. Jacket has a full circumference zipper and zip out winter liner. I haven't received the pants yet.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#2 ·
I've seen the stuff
Man who the hell is the guy behind their branding dept?? May be good stuff and I don't wanna seem rude to you personally but it just screams Kmart to me! Just a little too cheesy a label it throws me off bad. Just remember you get what you pay for. Keep us posted on how they hold up

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
You can't beat the warranty...I had the leather Bilt racing pants, and after almost one year the zipper broke...I went to cycle gear with the pants, and no questions asked..they gave me the opportunity to exchange it or to upgrade it...and thats what I did.

No one of the bigger name brand company's will stand like them behind there product.

#8 ·
was that in the "what not to buy" section? haha jk.. 5yr warranty no questions asked is not a bad deal at all. i dont mind their leathers, but i still dont trust my head in their helmets. ;)

#9 ·
I hadn't even considered any Bilt gear. I noticed the Cycle Gear suddenly stocks more Bilt stuff than all the other stuff combined. I figured some head honcho at Cycle Gear hooked up with some chinese sweat shop (or maybe Kathy Lee Gifford) and started copying all the equipment that they already carry. I tried on a jacket and gloves. They felt substandard to me.
But cheap leathers are better than no leathers, and Bilt has a place for entry level riders. imo.

#14 ·
Sedici is another cycle gear house brand with a little more style than the bilt at the same or slightly higher price point (still below the name brand stuff). I got a set of gauntlets and boots from the wife awhile back and they have held up remarkably well. They also have the no questions asked lifetime guarantee. I wear them on occaision, mostly foul weather.

The stiching on the gloves has actually help up better than my A* and cortech gloves.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.