Dunlop Q3's - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dunlop Q3's

I got a set of Q3's mounted yesterday on my ZX7R, the first set that shop has mounted. Figured I give them a try on the ZX before I threw a set on my RC51 to replace the Power Ones. Any recommendations for pressures? I was thinking 34/36 for general use. Can't say much about them yet as they only have about 30miles on them. The jump from 190/50 to 190/55 is noticeable already.
Rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
I run the 195/55 and just got my second set of Q2's for the RC51. It's amazing to me how sure-footed they feel right out of the box, so to speak.
I like around 31-33psi for both front and rear.
But how close is the Q3 to the Q2? I have no idea if those pressures will work for you...

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today is the first dry day since I got my Q3's mounted. All I can say is they are awesome. 65 miles on them, 35 from the ride home in the rain/mist after mounting. They roll edge to edge with ease and confidence, and hold a line. Not sure how much of that edge to edge transition is due to the jump from 190/50 to 190/55. Either way, they work...
Can't wait to really flog them, and see how forgiving they are if & when I make a mistake. Currently running 34/36 this can and will probably change multiple times until I find MY sweet spot. The 36/41 as mounted felt like riding on a knife edge. Any input and you felt like you were going to flop over, even going in a straight line. YMMV

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 11:25 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
I'll be very interested in your feedback about these tires, so come back again anytime you have something to say about your Q3's.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode