D@MMIT I shoulda waited! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
D[email protected] I shoulda waited!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...-/221242907126

This one^ & mine are both '04's.

I paid $5,700 for mine; mine has 3,800 more miles; I "had to" buy tires; doesn't look like this one's ever had a crash of any kind, however minor, like mine has ... and this one is $100 less!

I need to stop looking for RC stuff on eBay

Maybe this one is a scam & I'll feel better.

Or maybe it's not and I'll just buy it too ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by extrapolator View Post
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...-/221242907126

This one^ & mine are both '04's.

I paid $5,700 for mine; mine has 3,800 more miles; I "had to" buy tires; doesn't look like this one's ever had a crash of any kind, however minor, like mine has ... and this one is $100 less!

I need to stop looking for RC stuff on eBay

Maybe this one is a scam & I'll feel better.

Or maybe it's not and I'll just buy it too ...
Shoulda, coulda, woulda...the worst way to look at things sir.
Be happy love the bike and she will reward.

I almost lost a leg in a serious car accident when I was 14 sometimes I limp in the dead of winter when it's really cold. I can't complain the neighbour down the street has no legs.

Perspective...

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 10:27 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to IM28702
that guy's garage does not suck.

Whatever I lack in HP I make up for in just plain ol' crazy!!

2000 Corvette
2001 RC51
Not sure which is faster...

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 11:09 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IM28702 View Post
that guy's garage does not suck.
Good taste in bikes.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

It sold for the $5,600 Buy It Now
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
My theory is, once you buy something, stop shopping for it. You will always find something cheaper, that looks better, but we have a limited amount of time to make these decisions. Once I buy, I don't look back.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The Devil On My Shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Shoulda, coulda, woulda...the worst way to look at things sir.
Be happy love the bike and she will reward.

I almost lost a leg in a serious car accident when I was 14 sometimes I limp in the dead of winter when it's really cold. I can't complain the neighbour down the street has no legs.

Perspective...
Hey, Extrapolator.
I agree with Nobody. If you hear those words in your head, it's just the devil trying to misguide you & to prevent you from being grateful to God for what you already have.
I really like the pictures of that beautiful bike of yours. It's stunning. And those are some mean shots of it in the garage. Absolutely gorgeous under that light.
So why don't you attach more close ups with each thread you post. I really would like to look at more pictures, as would the rest of the guys here, I'm sure.
By the way. Because of your photographic skills, I forgive you for taking so long to purchase your bike. For a while there, I thought I'd just read your posts & never get to see a picture of your bike. Thank you for proving me wrong.
Take Care.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung Download May.1.2013 620.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	19121   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung Download May.1.2013 443.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	19129  

Ride Safe & Friendly.
Regards,
Dr. Rahi.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92VFR View Post
My theory is, once you buy something, stop shopping for it. You will always find something cheaper, that looks better, but we have a limited amount of time to make these decisions. Once I buy, I don't look back.
Yeah, I wasn't shopping for another RC51 - I was shopping for 'stuff' for mine!! I need to put a max $ amount for that stuff search, and hopefully that will keep me from seeing things I shouldn't!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Atif View Post
Hey, Extrapolator.
I agree with Nobody. If you hear those words in your head, it's just the devil trying to misguide you & to prevent you from being grateful to God for what you already have.
I really like the pictures of that beautiful bike of yours. It's stunning. And those are some mean shots of it in the garage. Absolutely gorgeous under that light.
So why don't you attach more close ups with each thread you post. I really would like to look at more pictures, as would the rest of the guys here, I'm sure.
By the way. Because of your photographic skills, I forgive you for taking so long to purchase your bike. For a while there, I thought I'd just read your posts & never get to see a picture of your bike. Thank you for proving me wrong.
Take Care.
I'm just slow to make decisions on bigger ticket items ... will continue to post more pics! And close-ups. Thanks for the kind words, and I'm enjoying seeing your bike too and even watched your recent video - You are one crazy lane splitter! Too much for my nerves - I'd be expecting a car door to open, or a quick lane change by a car to where I'd have no room to escape. Maybe drivers are different there, though, more expecting of / anticipating lane splitting.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2013, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
The Splits !

Quote:
Originally Posted by extrapolator View Post
I'm just slow to make decisions on bigger ticket items ... will continue to post more pics! And close-ups. Thanks for the kind words, and I'm enjoying seeing your bike too and even watched your recent video - You are one crazy lane splitter! Too much for my nerves - I'd be expecting a car door to open, or a quick lane change by a car to where I'd have no room to escape. Maybe drivers are different there, though, more expecting of / anticipating lane splitting.
Hello, Extrapolator.
Thanks for your comments. I'm not crazy. Just an ornery lane splitter. Riding a bike has made me into a better car/truck driver. As a motorcyclist, you learn to anticipate what road users are doing around you. Or else you're toast.
I've had car doors open on me (on the feeder/service road along the Beltway Southbound, just before Westheimer Road, in Houston, TX. in 2003). A moving truck that ran a stop sign in Spring-Cypress, NW Houston in 2004. I just swerved easily on both occasions & looked back at the drivers, who seemed surprised & grateful an accident had been avoided. I just waved to them & kept on my merry way. Numerous other slides, drifts, close calls, & very interesting races with all kinds of cars & drivers on the streets of Houston. More than what space here (or your interest) would allow. But if you're interested, just ask, & I'd be my pleasure to share my lessons learnt on the roads, with you.
In brief, I'd ask everyone to ride with a "detached" emotional state of mind. Don't ever get on a bike if:
1. You're in a rush.
2. You are angry, depressed or pre-occupied with some serious issues in life, requiring a lot of your brain power. i.e. don't be emotional.
3. It's too cold (or hot), outside.
4. If you have a temper. I can assure you that with an attitude like that, one would not last long as an operating rider of a motorcycle.
Please feel free to add to the list above.

Ride relaxed & "float" above traffic, looking as far ahead as possible, so that you're proactive & not reactive (to other drivers' actions).
Take Care & thanks for the reply to my post.
P.S. Drivers are worse here & I'm looking forward to seeing more pictures of that immaculate bike of yours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung.Download.May.12.2013 1096.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	19289   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung.Download.May.12.2013 1718.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	19297   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung.Download.May.12.2013 1442.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	19305   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung.Download.May.12.2013 1463.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	19313  

Ride Safe & Friendly.
Regards,
Dr. Rahi.

Last edited by Muhammad Atif; 06-21-2013 at 02:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode