Riding RC In Riyadh (Raw). - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 04:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Riding RC In Riyadh (Raw).

Hey, Guys.
Thought I'd post an unedited, raw footage of a ride in town to give you an idea of what it's like over here.
This was on a weekend morning, so traffic is extremely light & not it's usual madhouse self.
I rode below 180 KPH & behaved, because I knew you guys would watch. Give me some time & I'll edit my videos & keep them at a 2 - 3 minute limit.
Take Care.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung Download May.1.2013 681.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	18809  

Ride Safe & Friendly.
Regards,
Dr. Rahi.

Last edited by Muhammad Atif; 10-26-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 09:37 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhammad Atif View Post
Hey, Guys.
Thought I'd post an unedited, raw footage of a ride in town to give you an idea of what it's like over here.
This was on a weekend morning, so traffic is extremely light & not it's usual madhouse self.
I rode below 180 KPH & behaved, because I knew you guys would watch. Give me some time & I'll edit my videos & keep them at a 2 - 3 minute limit.
Take Care.

The Link is here: http://youtu.be/S2mfbZy0FEY
Nice video.....

2000 RC51 - stock owned since new 5/2000
2006 RC51 - 2nd owner purchased 4/2015 with 1400 miles
1996 CBR900RR - mild resto/mod - done spring 2012
1990 Honda VFR - original stock owned since 1991
1975 Kawasaki S3 - restored in 2004-5 (sold 10-17)
2003 Kawasaki ZX7R - bought 10/2018
2007 Honda Interceptor 25th Anniversary purchased 7/2014
1972 Honda Mini Trail - 1st restoration in 1992, and 2016 restored to like new condition. (sold 2/18)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
No way would you be able to do that Florida.
The elderly would run you down and not even realize it (happens too often here).

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 02:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Nice video. Thanks for the shout out there.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Video Vamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motleyfan View Post
Nice video.....
Thanks for watching, Motleyfan.
I've long admired the bikes in your stable. And I like Motley Crue, as well.
As for me, I don't think I could take care of 2 bikes at the same time. To me, it'd be like having 2 wives.
I've had my eye on an upcoming bike for a long time now, but that would mean neglecting or selling my RC. Something that I just cannot wrap my head around.
I came to the conclusion, a few days ago, that I likely may not make that new bike purchase. Not if it means neglecting my RC, which may well happen with a new machine in the "Drivers' Room"/Garage at my house here.

SubSailor, I know I can't ride like that in FL. There'd be too many drivers calling the cops (which has happened to me in Houston, TX.), & some Buick/Cadillac would have me as a hood (or trunk/boot) ornament.
One thing I will say about Florida. Of all my road trips in the US of A over a period of 23 years, Florida State had some of the cleanest Rest Areas with Rest Rooms that were just as well taken care of. But the drivers on the freeways were as slow to move as molasses !!

F3racer, Thank You for your nice comment on my channel & for watching the video. It was a bit too long for me, but I've no time to edit anything right now. Rest assured, I shall come up with some acceptable fare in the near future.

Take Care, Y'all. Thanks again for watching such a long winded video.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Samsung Download May.1.2013 467.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	18953   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung Download May.1.2013 607.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	18961  

Ride Safe & Friendly.
Regards,
Dr. Rahi.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-19-2013, 11:17 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
I couldn't get the video to stream. It kept cutting out, even at 480 resolution. after 3:30 it goes black on me. Don't know what's going wrong, I really wanted to see the whole thing.

You crack me up Atif - at the beginning you stumbled on what the date and day was! I laughed, cause I remember that a doctor will ask a patient what year it is, who the president is, to determine if the patient is coherent. You're coherent right?

Your idle sounds just a tad low. 1300 +/- 100.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 01:41 AM

Cool video! Fun to see what it's like to ride around over there. VERY different from the streets of San Francisco where I live! A lot of twisty roads around here that are quick and easy to get too. What happens when you get out of town there? Is it all flat?

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1371706881.334858.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	19017

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1371706809.317907.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	19001   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1371706825.745629.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	19009  
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
I couldn't get the video to stream. It kept cutting out, even at 480 resolution. after 3:30 it goes black on me. Don't know what's going wrong, I really wanted to see the whole thing.

You crack me up Atif - at the beginning you stumbled on what the date and day was! I laughed, cause I remember that a doctor will ask a patient what year it is, who the president is, to determine if the patient is coherent. You're coherent right?

Your idle sounds just a tad low. 1300 +/- 100.
Hey, John.
Sorry that you couldn't stream the video. Maybe the DHS or FBI is monitoring & censoring my YouTube activities !! If so, I humbly ask them to GET A LIFE !!
I've always thought that the questions doctors ask patients to determine if they're alert & oriented were very silly. Ever since I was a Medical Student (& I still am !), I would wait for that wisecrack that never came. Oh, well. I can still hope.
I've noticed that as one gets older, things like what day & date it is become less important. Hence the answer to my question to myself as an 8 yr. old boy as to why adults would appear to be "confused". And why they'd engage in boring activities like gardening. Or why they'd always watch the news. Well, I mostly watch news programs, but haven't taken up gardening yet. Maybe if I'm a vegetable in a wheelchair, they might "put me out to pasture" in my backyard.
If I were coherent, I would not be on a bike, according to my "extended" family around the World.
My idle was low to start with because the bike came out of a stone cold airconditioned room set at 16 degrees Centigrade & I did not use the "choke".
At operating temps., the idle settles at the figure you stated.
Well, John. I do hope you'll be able to stream my video. I have a strong feeling that both our riding styles are very similar.
Take Care.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Samsung Download May.1.2013 617.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	19025  

Ride Safe & Friendly.
Regards,
Dr. Rahi.

Last edited by Muhammad Atif; 06-20-2013 at 05:58 AM. Reason: Incomplete phrase. What can I do ? I'm just fresh off the boat !!
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Twisty Turns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Chocula View Post
Cool video! Fun to see what it's like to ride around over there. VERY different from the streets of San Francisco where I live! A lot of twisty roads around here that are quick and easy to get too. What happens when you get out of town there? Is it all flat?
Attachment 19017

Hello, Count.
Thanks for watching & your kind comments.
Riyadh is not all flat, although all the roads in town are (!). Just 45 mins. from my house is an area with a "Wadi" or valley which has some nice twisty bits. But you have to be careful going 'round corners there. Expect the unexpected. When I get out of town, either on my bike or truck, I get stopped like everyone else at certain checkpoints on intercity highways. About a decade ago, there was an armed gang that was robbing travellers & were involved in a subsequent murder, as well. The authorities made a big effort in apprehending all of them & they were all hanged in a public square. They left their bodies hanging from the boom of those construction truck cranes for a week, as an example to anyone else who may contemplate what those guys did. There never has been any other case of highway robbery since.
I sure wish I could ride around SF. I just love the hills there. There's a nephew of mine who lives & works there & who's bought a bike, but hasn't told his mother (my aunt), yet. I suspect it's because of this typical Immigrant mentality of wasting time in such a "frivolous" activity as riding a motorcycle. Just like what I hear from my wife & relatives from time to time (!). 'For Gods' Sake !', they say, 'You have 3 kids now. When will you stop this nonsense ?' I know they mean well & say this because they're afraid I might get hurt, or worse, one of these days. I tell them that my day to die had already been determined even before I was born.
EAT MY DUST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take Care.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Samsung Download May.1.2013 545.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	19049   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung Download May.1.2013 627.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	19057   Click image for larger version

Name:	Samsung Download May.1.2013 044.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	19065  

Ride Safe & Friendly.
Regards,
Dr. Rahi.

Last edited by Muhammad Atif; 10-26-2013 at 01:16 PM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 08:13 AM
Lifetime Premium

Nice video! I enjoyed watching. You have more daring than i do

|--Honda Racing----| | | '|";,__.
|_..._...__________| |_|_|.....,]
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)*****(@)

Last edited by Andrew; 06-20-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode