Insurance Companies - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Insurance Companies

The dreaded question.

Which Insurance company are you guys with, and how much are you paying? I have a clean record, 25. and im paying $1630 for the year. Oh, I'm with State Farm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 05:53 PM

$136 amonth HOLY S**T !!! Thats alittle high bro especially with you being 25. I have state farm and I pay $52 a month for full coverage and my bike is paid for. I got full coverage so I could have theft and crash coverage instead of just liability.

Thats high dude I would shop around if I were you
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-19-2008, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgos929 View Post
$136 amonth HOLY S**T !!! Thats alittle high bro especially with you being 25. I have state farm and I pay $52 a month for full coverage and my bike is paid for. I got full coverage so I could have theft and crash coverage instead of just liability.

Thats high dude I would shop around if I were you
Im from Canada, our rates are a lot different then yours. I also live in the 4th largest city in North America, so that i think has something to do with it too.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 05:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I pay $360 per year on the RC51, full coverage, Progressive. But I'm 52, and live in rural Virginia. By the way, if you haven't taken the MSF beginning or advanced rider course TAKE IT. When I got my CBR new I was miffed by how expensive the insurance was, I was told take the course. I did, even after holding a license, and being claim free for 27 years, it cut my insurance bill IN HALF!!!! Best $90. I ever spent! I'm actually considering taking their instructor's course.

john
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-21-2008, 09:30 PM

Crap, I'm 29 with a perfect record, just financed an '04 RC from a dealer, and my rate from Progressive through a provider is about $1000 a year. That's some sort of full coverage that may be more than I need, but the sneaky phuckers here in SoCal wouldn't give me any details on the situation whether it was. I intend to pay the bike off quickly (only financed for a credit boost) and then drop to about $200-something through Geico or elsewhere. I may keep my medical up though...
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2008, 04:19 PM

check with sentry/dairyland they are by far the cheapest out there, i actually had to use it when a windstorm did some minor cosmetic damage and that were very easy and friendly to deal with and very fast at getting things taken care of. very very impressed with them! my home owners and car ins. is through allstate and they reffered me to them because there motorcycle rates are genrelly pretty high.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 06:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I currently own a 92 CBR600 and have been looking at an 02 or 03 RC51. The insurance guy at State Farm quoted me $295 a year today for full coverage, $250 deduc, medical payments, etc. I pay $200+ on the CBR.

I did find out that they only go by engine size, not by bike type.

Oh, and I'm 34 with no record of accidents in the last 10+ years. may have a ticket in that time frame, but I know I have no points currently on my license.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2008, 06:45 PM

$345 per year with Foremost (through Farmer's). My bike is an '02 (remember: older bike=cheaper rates) and, like John, I'm also over 50 with a clean record. GREAT advice about the MSC. It will lower rates while helping to build excellent and useable skills...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode