Our old kits - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Our old kits

Ive heard of a lot of guys on here buying after market fairing kits for their RC. when they buy these new kits, what are they doing with the old ones?

Ive thought about getting an aftermarket kit as, like most, my OEM kit is looking a little tired. id probable buy a new kit and get the old one refurbed and painted when money allows

Honda SP1.5 owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 04:23 AM
Banned

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tucked away...

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 08:54 AM

Rather than shell out for new aftermarket 1's mate, go and get your set spruced up and let the old girl shine again

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 09:00 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
I'm not usually a fan of Chinese plastics. I'm still unsure if I like FRP stuff, but waiting to see what comes out from the other side of the pond!

Through our friend here the Doc who gives other medicine men a bad name - I'm waiting patiently to have his old bodywork & tank, which are mostly mint. Will be getting these repainted by dream machine in UK, to Joey Dunlop Vimto replica colours & style - before sending them onto myself in Japan to be mated to my bike. My original panels and tank will be carefully stored away then, should I need them in future.

Can't wait to see what it's going to look like when it's all done. I may be telling my wife that our newly decorated dining room will have a ramp built into it's entrance... LOL.

I know mine is an SP2 and the 26 original JD Vimto replicas were SP1's, but hey - nobody's perfect!

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 09:07 AM
Lifetime Premium

For Carlos' bike - another project we've been working on that started out as a high-sided wreck , we managed to find all the required original panels (& much more) in Ebay, Yahoo! - Japan and on forums. We got everything right down to headlights & a tank. We didn't overpay either, even including shipping costs.

Sometimes it's a matter of perseverance... having a few friends on the forum here helped us a lot too! Also found a good supplier in the UK for quality replica decals. A full set for 80 GBP is cheap.

Hoping to send off the bodywork for paint - at last, in the next few weeks. With any luck we'll have his bike in one piece before the end of the year, in perfect condition...
We never considered replica panels. OEM is the best fitment - period!

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I know mine is an SP2 and the 26 original JD Vimto replicas were SP1's, but hey - nobody's perfect!
No matter if its a SP1 or a SP2 those colours on the bike will be amazing.

I'm also thinking of doing it to my bike this winter.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
my friend Jessica did hers right !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	joey bike !.jpg
Views:	800
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	24025  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 10:03 AM

Yup that will do it
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Lifetime Premium

SP1 Jock - if you look up: http://www.bike-stickers.com/homepage.htm and find their race replicas, they do some good sticker kits. Scroll down to see the JD RC51 kit.
For under 100 GBP you could get the full JD replica graphics kit. Just remove your old stickers, clean up & apply the new ones. Tail piece is a wrap, apparently - a little bit more tricky.

Here's a couple of originals:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-Moto...item2ec8d8286f

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honda-VTR-...item4174573a4c

I plan to have tailpiece the artwork painted onto mine.... Might skip the Vimto & Demon graphics and just put VTR Racing. Still undecided, as the Vimto & Demon look tacked on an not as if they're meant to be there, escept for the matching yellow Honda logo.

Mostly I like the white number boards front & rear. If I'm silly I might cover right headlight too, but that wouldn't be very smart at night really.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-07-2013, 10:28 AM
Lifetime Premium

The real deal? Looks great anyways.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode