Finally warm enough!!!! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Finally warm enough!!!!

Has been in the 60's here in WV the past three days and finally got to hit the mountain on HWY 33 in WV/VA.........................my world has been completely turned upside down and i think i like it...........if you know what i mean

2003 Honda RC51 - 46K+
----------------------------------
PCIIIr, SATO low mount C/F, hotbodies undertail, SATO F/S, CRG shorty BRK & CLTCH levers, Magical Racing C/F speedo cover and rear hugger, HRC clutch & F Brake sock covers, Galfer SS lines all around, pair valve mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
I know what you mean! I had a nice weather window last weekend. Was really awesome to get out and hit my favorite lonley canyon road. That's my kind of attitude adjustment!

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
It's been clear and 75 here this week (great riding weather), and will be close to 80 next Monday.
So it appears that Spring is finally here in Florida.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

My wife is from Orlando, Florida, she always said it was spring, summer, late summer and early spring..............seasons i guess are different there lol!

2003 Honda RC51 - 46K+
PCIIIr, SATO low mount C/F, hotbodies undertail, SATO F/S, CRG shorty BRK & CLTCH levers, Magical Racing C/F speedo cover and rear hugger, HRC clutch & F Brake sock covers, Galfer SS lines all around, pair valve mod
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
No, Florida only has two seasons. Summer and Tourist.
The best times of the year to ride is when the geezers clog up the road in formation doing 15-20 under the speed limit.
Then when the heat drives them back up north, it's now summer where it's hot a hell.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbgottie View Post
Has been in the 60's here in WV the past three days and finally got to hit the mountain on HWY 33 in WV/VA.........................my world has been completely turned upside down and i think i like it...........if you know what i mean
well said...im very familiar with 33 also...harrisonburg is 30 minutes from me..was over there alot last summer...maybe we'll run into each other this year
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2011, 11:25 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
well said...im very familiar with 33 also...harrisonburg is 30 minutes from me..was over there alot last summer...maybe we'll run into each other this year
Hopefully we do, if you ever want to meet up and ride let me know..................it gets boring where i'm at lol. The name is James and i'm the RC with the NC plates, at least, the only one in WV.

2003 Honda RC51 - 46K+
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 02:30 PM

Great to hear !!!!

I am in the middle of James & Dee, in Hot Springs VA. I have been wanting to ride 33 for a while but have been sick alot ( AML) and didn't get far from home this summer. I should be able to ride by late spring. I am in Richmond having a bone marrow transplant and doing well so far.I am 19 days out from the transplant. Look forward to meeting you 2 and ridding some this summer !!! There is another gentleman on here from dearfield ( close to monterey VA) that has a 51 aand rides a good bit. CBXJOHN I think. Take care and ride safe and take one tight for me!! James Hoover

Satos, CF Sir box & snorkel,Mr front and rear fender & dash cover, custom carbon V cowl, Black ASV levers, Power com III, Hot Bodies tail, Galfer lines, Vortex Clip ons.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 04:01 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
The sand the State laid down for the glacier Indiana was in January has not washed off the roads enough yet but it has been very warm. Almost all of the ice is gone, just in time for snow next week...

I usually wait for a few really good rain storms to clean up the roads....the intersection are sand mounds right now.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2011, 08:03 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
The sand the State laid down for the glacier Indiana was in January has not washed off the roads enough yet but it has been very warm. Almost all of the ice is gone, just in time for snow next week...

I usually wait for a few really good rain storms to clean up the roads....the intersection are sand mounds right now.
Here in Kansas the sand was terrible however ............ I got the ol girl out and put about 50 miles on her. The only problem was could not really get on the throttle due to all the sand......... Like madbuyer we are expecting snow next week

2004 RC51 with multipul mods
1985 VF1000R SOLD 😭
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode