A little inspiration for us... - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A little inspiration for us...

Me and my best friend for many many years went out for a 100mile ride yesterday. He rides a cbr1000rr, he also has one leg! We have rode together since we were children, even before he lost his leg in a motorcycle accident in Miami. The 1000rr is a very fast bike, and this kid can ride the sh!t out of it! however I did not have trouble staying right up with him at all on my RVT. I brought her up to 176mph. At the end of our ride I let him take my bike for a ride, and he fell in love with it. He says the rc51 is the "Eleanor" of street bikes. But not his type of bike, witch is understandable.

After almost losing you're best friend from a motorcycle accident, witch he should NOT of lived through, it changes u as a rider. It did something to me. Makes me think twice a lot more. From that first phone call from his wife hysterically crying, to seeing him in the hospital bed with one leg gone, then watching him as he wheel chaired and crutched around, then seeing him get his leg fitted for a prosthetic so he could fineLly walk again! it was amazing. The prosthetic was what he was waiting for! As soon as he got out of the hospital that day he sat back on a bike for the first time since the accident, and of course he rode it! Lol over time he got more and more comfortable on the bike again, hooking up a coat hanger to his shifter and power shifting. When u ask him "are u crazy?" He just says "nothing can stop me from doing what I love"

Seeing how far he has come in the past 4 years is so amazing to me. Snowboarding, surfing, rock climbing, running, ice skating, riding motorcycles (mostly on 1 wheel), and never getting discouraged, never giving up, and always pushing to do more and more is inspiration for all of us! Be grateful for ur life and don't take things for granted bc u never know what tomorrow will bring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	49593  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Banned

Thanks for sharing...my experience is the exact polar opposite. Years ago a good friend was out riding with us and crashed his Gixxer. He too lost his leg in the accident but being a competitive body builder his vanity got th best of him. Through months rehabilitation and depression his depression won him over and he took his own life.

I miss him every day...you're lucky your friend is still here with you cherish it.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 09:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Great story. I like Gone in 60seconds too. BTW, you could've hit 177mph if it was an 03

'08 HD Dyna FatBob
'03 RC51 #153 - fastest RC ever built - SOLD
'03/13 BOTM - thx every1!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobody View Post
Thanks for sharing...my experience is the exact polar opposite. Years ago a good friend was out riding with us and crashed his Gixxer. He too lost his leg in the accident but being a competitive body builder his vanity got th best of him. Through months rehabilitation and depression his depression won him over and he took his own life.

I miss him every day...you're lucky your friend is still here with you cherish it.
Wow... Sorry to hear that, that's horrible. I could only imagine how depressing it could get
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

All this 03 talk is killing me! I can't wait to see an 03
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_grumblez View Post
Wow... Sorry to hear that, that's horrible. I could only imagine how depressing it could get
Thanks...I was angry at him for a long time after that, it's selfish and he didn't realise the ripple effect that something like that leaves. Time heals all I still have great memories of us riding and racing. He couldn't take that from me...sorry for the downer but it just shows how fragile life is and to be thankful for every day above ground.

I hope you and you friend keep riding until you can't anymore, that's what I'm going to be doing!

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 09:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have an '03 but it's black like the '05/'06...so that makes it the fastest of them all. Dont listen to the others.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks...I was angry at him for a long time after that, it's selfish and he didn't realise the ripple effect that something like that leaves. Time heals all I still have great memories of us riding and racing. He couldn't take that from me...sorry for the downer but it just shows how fragile life is and to be thankful for every day above ground.

I hope you and you friend keep riding until you can't anymore, that's what I'm going to be doing!
I hear ya! I can relate to the "ripple effect". But yea we always ride when were together. He's in Miami and I'm in NY so it's not to much anymore. Yesterday was probably the only time this season I'll get to ride with him, that's why I wanted to write something about it.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Here you go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by macDANalay View Post
BTW, you could've hit 177mph if it was an 03

Quote:
Soooo, you are going to meet me in Wyoming on my journey across the US then?

Whatever you guys do, keep the rubber side down.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 03-10-2014, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
I hear ya! I can relate to the "ripple effect". But yea we always ride when were together. He's in Miami and I'm in NY so it's not to much anymore. Yesterday was probably the only time this season I'll get to ride with him, that's why I wanted to write something about it.
That's cool...Thanks again! It's warming up here, I think spring is around the corner. Parts are waiting to be installed and I'm going to ride the piss out of my black beauty.

Oh doctor and physio says my wrist is good to go. Back to the gym and I just dusted off my Arnis sticks and practice blade. Getting back in the ring too! Whoohoo!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode