Bike Week Daytona Beach - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-20-2011, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bike Week Daytona Beach

Hey! guys wen't last week to Daytona for bike week and to watch the Daytona 200 it was great got to see and talk to the top riders like Josh Hayes and Tommy Aquino and others.The only Hondas racing were privateters since Honda the only factory bikes areYamaha Suzuki the speeds were up around 204mph on the high bank.We wen't down on main street there was a lot of nice bikes I seen this one Babe riding a streshed GIXER 1000 I't like dieing and going to heaven for me and the boy.I'm sorry to any body tat has replied to my post been really busy and I hope I'm doing this right kneedrager.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2011, 09:27 PM

Where did you sit for the 200? I was there as well, was with my wife, baby and some friends hanging out mostly on the bleachers at the west horseshoe.

RC-51 Track
SV 650 Liter Eater
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

Hello Me my wife son and grandson wre sitting right at the horse shoe as well e were sitting in the first set of bleachers in the front row riht as you walked threw the gate.So what did you think of the race my son got his pic taken with Tommy Aquino and got sit on all of the race bikes it was like dieing and going to heaven for him.It sucks to be back home it's cold here in IN I'm still trying to figure out this site I don't know where to go to post things that do't deal with selling I guess my thread was in the for sale adds.If you could help me I would appresiate it I'm still working on posting a pic of my bike it's 2001 RC 51well got to go sincerily kneedrager

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 07:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
What part of Indiana are you in because it is absolutely beautimus here in Indy...cloudy but warm. Of course, the next few days will be gloomy and cold again.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedrager View Post
Hello Me my wife son and grandson wre sitting right at the horse shoe as well e were sitting in the first set of bleachers in the front row riht as you walked threw the gate.So what did you think of the race my son got his pic taken with Tommy Aquino and got sit on all of the race bikes it was like dieing and going to heaven for him.It sucks to be back home it's cold here in IN I'm still trying to figure out this site I don't know where to go to post things that do't deal with selling I guess my thread was in the for sale adds.If you could help me I would appresiate it I'm still working on posting a pic of my bike it's 2001 RC 51well got to go sincerily kneedrager

Ha, I just noticed this thread was in the classifieds, maybe a mod will move this thread for you if you PM one and ask.......

I think you were watching from what they call THE horseshoe. We were in the WEST horseshoe at the end of the straight as the bikes went by you from right to left we were at the far left end of that straight.

I thought the racing was great but the freakin delays ruined it for us. We have gone several times and this was the first time since my daughter was born. She is one and she was starting to get antsy, it was a long day for her. I think next year we will get a baby sitter. In the past it's been my wife and I with some friends and we spend the day buzzing all over on the pit bikes. We have friends that race the 200 and they get us pit bike passes every year so we can get in the pits with the bikes. It's the only way to go to the race. The place is so huge, you end up missing half of the race if you have to walk everywhere to get a couple of different views of the race.

Oh ya, to post a picture you have to put it on a host website like photobucket then the host will generate a link. When you post that link in a thread it will show as the picture. Sometimes the host website will have different options for the size of the picture as well. Let me know if you need help. You can email me the pictures and I'll post them for you if you want.

RC-51 Track
SV 650 Liter Eater

Last edited by thisguy; 03-22-2011 at 09:42 PM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Yeah! The racing was great but the delays did ruin it my son and grandson were getting antsy to so we left around 3:30.My son loves motor cycles I can't leave the house with out taking him for a ride so we went out to eat I took the wife and the boys to Red Lobster that is her favorite place and she wanted to do some gift shopping because we were leaving Sunday morning.I had to take the boys down town main street my son just went wild over all of the bikes we went down there on other night and he went nuts.My son don't walk or talk musch he has cerapalsy so he kind of makes this yent sound for motorcycle sound but god love him to death.I'm waiting for Mid-Ohio we get to take our bikes out on the track and it's just a three hour trip Iwill get back with you on the pic's well got to go it's late 3:00am comes early thats when I get up for work Iwill get back with you later kneedrager
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-23-2011, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

I live about 45min west of fortwayne in warsaw how do you get the pic thats below your madbuyer name??Well got to go got to get to bed so I can get up early for work 3:00am comes early so later on kneedrager
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-24-2011, 09:38 PM

Sounds like you all had a great time. Let me know if you get to come down next year. I'll send you a Private Message about how to insert a picture under your user name. Don't forget to check your private messages though!..lol

(Although, I've changed mine a few times and it is still the stupid picture of the hole in my leathers that someone took after I crashed a few years ago. So I may not be the best help. Even I'm tired of looking at it.)

RC-51 Track
SV 650 Liter Eater

Last edited by thisguy; 03-24-2011 at 09:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode