Stolen Durbhan frame sliders - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-26-2014, 11:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Stolen Durbhan frame sliders

Please be on the look out for a new set of frame sliders for sale. I purchased a set on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thorsten-Dur...p2047675.l2557

box was delivered by USPS WHILE I WAS HOME with no door bell ring or anything 5 boxes in all. 4 boxes didnt show up when I went to the front porch and my neighbor found them empty in his side yard. So there is a near new set of frame sliders somewhere in the So Cal area if you find them please contact the Chula Vista Police department and give them this case number 14-0 4100

THanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 12:45 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I' de be looking to claim from the sender mate.
If he hasn't posted the gear signed for. That's should be his problem. Because he hasn't made sure you've received the goods. Which you haven't.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 12:53 AM Thread Starter

I have filed a claim with ebay/paypal wrt item not received however USPS claim its delivered so who will they believe??? Ive filed claims all around so every aspect is covered... im more bummed about losing the durbhan frame sliders as ive been looking for a pair for a while and they arent easy to come by...

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 01:14 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Probably some local kids trying to make a (dishonest) buck. Keep an eye on Ebay...

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 11:19 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Ditto on what Stig said. Sorry you got ripped off, but USPS should have required a sig for that much stuff no?

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 11:40 AM

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
It's not up to usps to require a signature, unless the shipper selects that shipping option. It's all on the the seller.

Hope you get it resolved.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

I dont agree that its all on the seller... I mean yes I did not receive my item, but from a sellers stand point... the item was delivered... thats what the post office claims so I dont know who really should side with. Trying to look at this objectively. Either way claims are in with just about anyone, I have more deliveries today and I will be standing by with a 12 ga 3O buck shot waiting for those little bastards to return.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 12:11 PM

What I'm saying is that the seller selects the shipping option, not usps.

If a buyer does not provide specific shipping instructions, such as signature, then he assumes some risk. And your situation is an example.

Last edited by kwtoxman; 03-27-2014 at 12:20 PM.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Most sellers do not provide that as an option at check out and I can tell you I have sent notes to sellers at check out and they don't receive them for example size color or so. So requesting additional services not offered the seller doesn't have to honor as he doesn't list it as provided. Either way I'll get my money back I'd just rather have the sliders and wring some lil punks neck!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-27-2014, 12:48 PM

I often communicate with ebay sellers and have never had problems the system, though it is not optimal by any means. And very often I have various requests, that are almost always accommodated. A few sellers have refused to ship to Canada, but that's about it. I guess my experience is different from yours.

If a seller does not honour a request for signature with shipping, then the seller is assuming risk in lieu of the buyer. Making requests and having those records in any potential claim will never hurt one's case.

It sucks that you may not want drop delivery any longer, as it is so convenient.

Maybe set up a sting.

Last edited by kwtoxman; 03-27-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode