RC51 Forums banner

tire pressure!!

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SA Heat 
#1 ·
hey everyone be sure to check your tire pressure before riding today. most of you usually do this im sure as do i but old murphys law will bite you hard. the one time i did not (yesterday), i bent into a sharp on- ramp and my front end was pogoing up and down so bad i almost lost. When i put a gauge on it my front had 14 psi! just do this today before you throw a leg over...

#3 ·
Ouch, 14....that could have been bad. I check 'em every time I ride just in case. They seem to lose about a pound per week depending on the outside temperature.

#4 ·
it was my first ride on the hiwy since swapping motors and if you have ever done that youd know that the whole fucking bike falls apart doing so! so here i am thinking how do i even begin to diagnose what i did wrong lol then light bulb moment lets check the air pressure...

#5 ·
Haaa, been there! That reminds me of the first street bike I ever bought...was test riding it (KZ650) at a motorcycle dealership in Houston and it tried to kill me. When I took it back from it had 15 lbs in both tires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.