Kevlar riding jeans - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2014, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Arrow Kevlar riding jeans

Not much info on the forum about kevlar riding jeans. I had a set of Draggin jeans almost 15 years ago that literally saved my a**. Yes, they work. While not as protective as armour, they have the advantage of being discreet.

Fast forward to today and I want a set of kevlar jeans again for my around town jaunts.

There are a lot of options out there now for kevlar jeans. So let us know what you've tried and what you think.

I found pricing to vary widely not just by brand, but also by seller so it pays to shop around. There are so many options now that different styles are available. I'm interested to hear what people are buying.

At this point, I like the Drayko kevlar jeans options for the combination of styles available, price and reviews. I decided to go with the renegade blue jeans for the high cut, relaxed fit and good price I found. It will be a while before it gets to me but I'll report back.

For those who want to buy, always check out the reviews. Sizing is all over the place. Some fit small, others normal, and still others large. Better to know this before ordering.

Let us know your experience and feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 03:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Draggin are still the ones to go for.
A lot of the ones that have appeared lately are using cheaper alternatives to Kevlar & passing it off as Kevlar.
There was an article in MCN about it the other week
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 04:06 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Interesting, we were kinda discussing this indirectly in a welcome thread.

I'm guilty of wearing regular good quality jeans :/

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Has just realized that I don't care what it costs until I get the bill! :roll eyes: ...

Rossco's RC Teardown & Rebuild....

PARTS FOR SALE!

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 06:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
I posted a little review of my experience with the "Sliders" brand kevlar jeans awhile back over on the gixxer.com msg board, take a look:

Text:
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=30

Pics:
http://www.gixxer.com/forums/showpos...7&postcount=32

'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC51
-Competition Werkes FE w/
Clear Alternatives IT

'02 Silver/Black CBR 954RR
'11 Graphite Black CBR 1000RR (sold '15)
'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold '11)
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 05:27 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
I've bought a pair of AGV Sport and Joe Rocket kevlar jeans, and I just can't come to wear them.
Both of the jeans are so baggy, I feel I should be in the 'Hood.
And I haven't seen bell bottoms that big since the late '60s.
I'm more worried about the bottoms getting sucked into the chain their protection.
Now if a company could produce a pair of kevlar reinforced jeans that one cold wear as regular jeans and not be so baggy, plus be able to tuck into a boot, then I'd be interested.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubSailor View Post
I've bought a pair of AGV Sport and Joe Rocket kevlar jeans, and I just can't come to wear them.
I'm more worried about the bottoms getting sucked into the chain their protection.
Now if a company could produce a pair of kevlar reinforced jeans that one cold wear as regular jeans and not be so baggy, plus be able to tuck into a boot, then I'd be interested.
You're a sailor, aren't you suppose to be use to wearing flared bell bottoms? I know, I've seen the movies...

Besides, I don't believe you have a set till you put up a pic of you wearing them!

You could just wear bicycle clips...lol

Has just realized that I don't care what it costs until I get the bill! :roll eyes: ...

PARTS FOR SALE!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:

So you want skinny kevlar jeans....

Give these a whirl....see the comments.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 11:10 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
I bought Drayko's Renegade Riding Jeans from Revzilla for $129.95 back in September, and I'd rate them about 9.5 / 10 ... the 0.5 pt loss just coming from very shallow pockets; I kinda feel like my keys could fall out of the front pocket I keep 'em there anyway, because I don't think they'll actually fall out, but it definitely feels weird.

In regular pants I usually wear a size 32 or 33 waist, so after reading a bunch of reviews saying these run very large I ordered size 30. Well, they were def too small/tight. Revzilla has free shipping and free returns, so I sent them back and got size 32: Perfect. They fit good everywhere, just like I like 'em, which is somewhere between skinny jeans and ghetto baggy, and they're an inch or so long, just what you want for bent knees. They're not so long that I trip over 'em.

And they have kevlar padding on the butt, hips, thighs and knees. They claim 'proven to protect riders for a minimum 4.4 seconds of road abrasion resistance.', which of course I hope to never test.

My goal was to get some protective riding pants that don't scream 'racer dweeb', looking as close to regular jeans as possible, and these definitely fit that. I don't think anybody could ever tell they've got padding in them without touching them or seeing the padding. Of course I don't know how protective they'd really be, but I figured just about any kind of padding is bound to be better than Levi's.

As for temps, so far I'm not noticing any difference from regular jeans. They didn't keep me any warmer over the winter, and so far during warmer temps they don't seem to be hotter than regular jeans; they probably are warmer, they'd pretty much have to be, but I'm not noticing it.

Here they are:

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Quote:
That's a new one to me. But I haven't tried AGV or JR. Draggin jeans has a slimfit option.

http://www.dragginjeans.com/mens/sli...draggin-jeans/

Or these skinny jeans for ya.
https://www.dragginjeans.net/index.p...mart&Itemid=82
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 08:21 PM

Don't girls jeans have shallow pockets, not saying nothin but check the label lol....

i don't judge. but your butt does look good in those.

PARTS FOR SALE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode