SE RC get together - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SE RC get together

I wanted to see who was interested in a South East RC get together somewhere in the GA/SC/NC/FL area. Please give input and ideas. There is nothing more awesome than a bunch of RC's thundering down the road.

Thanks,

Ricky Bobby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 11:11 AM

I am in middle GA. When abouts is this get together? I go up to North GA/Western NC whenever I get a nice weekend.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

What ever date we all can agree apon. This is something we can all put together and not just me. Maybe this can become a yearly thing.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 12:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
I havent been out there but from what I've heard and read theres a lot of nice roads, besides the Tail, in Western NC. The roads east of The Pisgah National Forest, Hwy 80, Hwy 226, Blue Ridge Hwy...
I'm trying to work out a date with the riders I know out here in Eastern NC to head out that way.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

I heard little switzerland was better than the tail. Maybe this could turn out to be a camping trip. I am definatley gonna trailer up there cuz my lame A$$ can't go more than 150 mi on the bike. We could all bring coolers and grill and make a great weekend out of it. So with more people that chime in the easier it gets to narrow down the location.

So for right now we are looking at W NC around Ashville Hickory area. I know I have Labor day weekend booked and Indy the week before that so maybe mid Sept or early Aug so we can get some solid planning done.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Lifetime Premium

I'd be turcking/trailering mine too. Little Switzerland is like a 6+hr haul for me. Aug/Sept works for me, as long as we get a place and date set a month or 2 ahead of time.

My vote is for Little Switzerland date flexable
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 02:03 PM

Jealous from the West Coast.....

Take a ton of pictures if you guys get this ride together!! It would be sick to go out for a ride with a group of RC's. I have yet to see one RC in my area...almost ever to be honest...

Have fun, ride safe
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

I grew up on the in SoCal and there are some great spots to ride away from the traffic. Out here it is on a whole different level. I checked on shipping a bike to the West Coast for a trip and it was $765 one way. I really wanna do a track day at Willow Springs. Thanks for the chime in and there will be tons of pics.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 08:06 AM

aug sept works for me also, i would truck mine from jacksonville, james we could rent/borrow a trailer (MCCS) and use 1 truck save on gas expenses
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Lifetime Premium

Whats the vote on having other bikes if we get this figured out and do it? I know a couple other people that might be down for this trip. I know no stunters.

What is everyone thinking for lodging? Camp? motel/hotel? Personally I'm for a motel/hotel. I'm looking to ride some nice roads and get to know my fellow 51'ers. Not fight bugs and bears for my lunch. Camping it a trip on its own.
Heres a link to some of the accomodations in Little Switzerlandhttp://www.littleswitzerlandnc.com/m...=Accomodations Im liking the sound of the Diamondback Lodge.

I have been working out a trip like this for some time now to do with just a few guys I know in the area. What I was thinking for me and the guys I ride/drive out there with is; take off after work on a friday; ride most of that saturday and some of sunday morning; load up and head home just before/about lunch time. Just never put the added effort to work out the small stuff.

Ryan, that sounds good. Im going to talk to my neighbor the possible tirp and this forum. He also has a '03. Do you know if MCCS has a 3 up trailer? 3, '03s...now thats a picture we got to take
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode