One for the oldies among us! DN-01 - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 12:27 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
One for the oldies among us! DN-01

So I was cruisin around (in an old crappy car not even a classic) today and fell upon this.

It actually quite surprised me and I thought it looked better than the Can Ams running around. So I took a pic!

Now if you feel your days of two wheels are numbered then me personally I'd consider something like this, oh and it's a Vtwin sitting in there which also surprised me.

Honda DN-01 now because I like this does that make me officially old?? :/
I believe it's a conversion kit and that exhaust looks good under the seat coming out high at the back, sorry no pic though, my bad :s

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1398532972.108484.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	57506Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByMO Free1398533064.936113.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	57514

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Has just realized that I don't care what it costs until I get the bill! :roll eyes: ...

Rossco's RC Teardown & Rebuild....

PARTS FOR SALE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 02:04 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Rossco, if you're one that actually likes the DN-01 you're a rare bird in North American terms. They failed miserably over here, but were actually very popular in Europe. Now as to the three wheel conversion and "old guy" status, em, dunno. Does it make you 'feel' old? Bwahahahaha.
Personally I think it looks way better than the two wheel version. and the exhaust can only be an improvement over the wimpy stock exhaust. It ain't gonna sound like no SP though....

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
Rossco, if you're one that actually likes the DN-01 you're a rare bird in North American terms. They failed miserably over here, but were actually very popular in Europe. Now as to the three wheel conversion and "old guy" status, em, dunno. Does it make you 'feel' old? Bwahahahaha.
Personally I think it looks way better than the two wheel version. and the exhaust can only be an improvement over the wimpy stock exhaust. It ain't gonna sound like no SP though....
Oddly enough I'm in the UK now and just happened to fall on it! Never seen one before, when it came out I was working in Iraq so was kept looked in a dark room most of the time.

I did look up the 2 wheel version and gotta say it looks wrong like they started at the front and were all excited then lost all enthusiasm towards the middle and back, like they felt they had designed a masterpiece and it would be so great people would be lining up to buy one so why make the effort.

Im not feeling old enough just yet but if I did I might wanna just take a hit and throw an RC engine in there lol

Has just realized that I don't care what it costs until I get the bill! :roll eyes: ...

Rossco's RC Teardown & Rebuild....

PARTS FOR SALE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode