Ok own up, who made this VTR Street fighter?! - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 04:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Cool Ok own up, who made this VTR Street fighter?!

Don't be shy you know you want to brag about it!

Has just realized that I don't care what it costs until I get the bill! :roll eyes: ...

Rossco's RC Teardown & Rebuild....

PARTS FOR SALE!

Last edited by Rossco; 05-01-2014 at 04:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 05:58 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
It's not made from an SP..!

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and that is what it takes to get 140hp from one of our engines lol

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 06:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
It's not made from an SP..!
I would be super disappointed (not just ordinary disappointed) if just the letters VTR were the only association to an SP.

http://www.carspicturesdb.com/honda-...allpapers-for/

Has just realized that I don't care what it costs until I get the bill! :roll eyes: ...

PARTS FOR SALE!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 06:40 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Turbo AND supercharger; Just because you can!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by frezon View Post
Turbo AND supercharger; Just because you can!

When I had my zx14 my mate bought a screaming eagle vrod and then had it chopped, painted and a nos kit installed. He then preceded to tell me how awesome the bike was and that it was faster and more powerful than mine, so I threw him the keys.

A pale faced Cheshire Cat grinning lunatic returned shouting "oh my god that's a fucking train!" He then went out and dropped $10k on gettin his bike supercharged! So $22k bike with $10k spent on customizing then another $10k on a supercharger and sold it in ebay for $13k so he could buy a turbo Busa for which blew up on him on a trip from SC to DC lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

PARTS FOR SALE!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 09:05 AM
Lifetime Premium

Turbo & supercharger = twin charger, which should by all accounts make for a very powerful motor... 'till something that wasn't designed to take so much power breaks.

A twin charger shouldn't have much boost lag, really - but as far as tuning 4 stroke engines, I've always preferred N/A's. There's just so much more skill to making an engine breathe; making it pump lots of air - than forcing it through by pre-compression the air before it mixes with fuel. Engines sound so much nicer when you can properly hear the intake too.

I've had nutty 600 bhp turbo'd cars and grown tired of them - the most fun has always been in cars with a fraction of that which rev & sound ravenous! Too much power is unmanageable if you need to accurately put down power as you exit a corner, say.

I'd still prefer my SP piggy to a forced induction VTR1000F and I'll bet our bikes would run rings around that machine on anything but long straights....that's where the fun really is.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Lifetime Premium

...and BTW, that turbo's WAY oversized for a relatively puny 1L engine, even with a pre-supercharger. The turbo won't work at anywhere near full capacity - so in effect it's just going to make it a more laggy engine than it needs to be. If the choice of turbo is anything to go by, I wouldn't have huge confidence in the rest of the build...

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 09:24 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Function is breaking the rule and Following Form in this one, I suspect.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

Stig, don't you know that the size of your turbo is directly proportional to the size of ones penis... or was that indirectly? I can never remember... lol

PARTS FOR SALE!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode