Pickup truck driver tries to kill motorcyclist - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Pickup truck driver tries to kill motorcyclist

This will make you mad.

http://youtu.be/CbTZkZTYkaM

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Neither parties were little angels in their driving.

However the worst that could happen to the first rider would be a citation for crossing the double-yellow, illegal passing, and speeding.

The greater offense is the truck driver for attempted vehicular manslaughter and multiple crossings of the double-yellow, speeding, and traveling the opposite lane.
That had many opportunities for head-on collisions, especially for the several bikes that passed in the opposite direction.
That guy needs to go to jail to chill that temper.

On a related note, a similar situation happened to a friend of mine who was riding in the country by himself. Casually I might add.
An oncoming pickup intentionally swerved into his lane to "prove a point", forcing him to take to the shoulder to avoid a head-on.
He contacted the sheriff's who tried to track the truck owner down, but I don't know if they was successful.

I've had several instances in the same area where a driver will straddle the center-line just to make a point. I just chill and follow. No need to flame the fires of road rage.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
I am not too upset, hell its perfectly legal in Indiana to run over motorcyclist and get off with just a citation.

We even have drunk cops kill motorcyclist and due to his buddies "botching" the blood alcohol tests, he is still a free man.

Although in the end, they will get their due justice.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

i agree neither parties are innocent....but i will be the first to admit, back country road i tend to get on it a bit too. Riding the drivers ass probably did not help defuse the situation.
I'm sure this guy was jus fed up with bikers flying up and down his hometown road, but certainly does not justify his actions. from what i could see although speeding and crossing the double yellow line to pass, these guys were not riding like complete immature morons.

Read in another forum

"The pickup driver was arrested for reckless driving, DUI and the DA is using the video to consider reckless endangerment and possibly attempted murder charges. If convicted of all charges the pickup driver could get up to 24 years in jail. That's unlikely but he will likely see a felony conviction and jail time for his life threatening antics. Jerk."

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok im a little upset after watching that. honestly i have been very guilty of riding around others on 2 lane roads. i try to do so in a safe as possible way but i can see how it upsets people. Now in regards to mister f150, he would have got a troy lee designs suomy buried into the back of his skull and id probably be in jail for killing rednecks out of season

2000 RC51
1985 ATC 350X
2009 Silverado SS clone
Lots and lots of guns!lol
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts455 View Post
i agree neither parties are innocent....but i will be the first to admit, back country road i tend to get on it a bit too. Riding the drivers ass probably did not help defuse the situation.
I'm sure this guy was jus fed up with bikers flying up and down his hometown road, but certainly does not justify his actions. from what i could see although speeding and crossing the double yellow line to pass, these guys were not riding like complete immature morons.

Read in another forum

"The pickup driver was arrested for reckless driving, DUI and the DA is using the video to consider reckless endangerment and possibly attempted murder charges. If convicted of all charges the pickup driver could get up to 24 years in jail. That's unlikely but he will likely see a felony conviction and jail time for his life threatening antics. Jerk."
Maybe all motorcycles should come equipped with a GoPro from the dealer....the dude was drunk, need I say more?

A pedestrian was killed this morning going to the Indy 500 by a drunk driver....bet both of those folks never thought their lives would change when they were on their way to the race...complete bull $hit if you ask me.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

i agree. sorry to hear about that, sad to hear.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Got back from a benefit cookout benefiting a rider that was killed this week when a car make a left in form of him, and he T-boned the car on his R1.
He was only 22.

And I might add, this was not during tourist season.
It's much worse when the geezers and rubber-necking tourists from out of town are here from November to May.

I often wonder if they drive just as badly in their home state as they do in mine.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-29-2011, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

thats terrible. Sorry to hear that subsailor.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 12:03 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
That's sad news Subsailor. Might seem wrong to ask, but being young & on a powerful bike - was he riding too fast or overtaking in a junction, so he couldn't stop or avoid the car, or did the car sideswipe him off?

As for the video clip, looks like the truck driver was holding a tyre iron which could be considered a weapon. In some countries the intention to use such would be illegal too. The video might have have been enough to incriminate him if Police were interested...

Difficult to know what to do in such situations, often it's best to just keep riding an put distance between you and such drivers than stop and risk potentially getting into a fight or worse.

Last edited by The Stig; 05-30-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode