so i just took my first long ride on the rc... - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so i just took my first long ride on the rc...

And my ass is about to fall off! this stock seat HAS to go lol. The riding position for me on the rc isn't to bad, maybe because I'm 5'5", but this seat feels like concrete after about 45min. I just got my rc earlier this week and I luv it so far. The comfort is my only gripe right now, but I think a nice seat will suffice. I've had a corbin on my tl1000r and it was ok..not really worth the hype. I've heard the sargeant is good, any suggestions guys?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:00 PM

I hear ya man! My work commute is 1.5 hrs each way ( No traffic) I need a Chiropractor after I get off the thing. But it is still awesome!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyokushinFighter View Post
I hear ya man! My work commute is 1.5 hrs each way ( No traffic) I need a Chiropractor after I get off the thing. But it is still awesome!
I'm jealous, my 6.5 mile ride to work isn't enough

I feel your pain on being short, I'm 5'6". I found when I have the balls of my feet on the pegs and if I point my toes its a little more comfortable for long trips. I've been thinking about getting the stock seat repadded and cupped out, it should be cheaper then a new seat. Also some new rear sets with the pegs about an inch or so higher and most clip-ons are 1/2" - 3/4" higher then the OEM ones. After doing all that I think that it should take the body weight off th "boys" and upper thys and on to where its ment to be.

James

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
I have a Corbin seat and it's made long distance trips much more comfortable, although note it does make you sit a tad higher. Seat's heavier than standard too.

I commute about 300km y for work once a week (Riding fairly quick) and my bum feels no pain. Rearsets are a good addition too, back + nice & high.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I have a Corbin seat and it's made long distance trips much more comfortable, although note it does make you sit a tad higher. Seat's heavier than standard too.

I commute about 300km y for work once a week (Riding fairly quick) and my bum feels no pain. Rearsets are a good addition too, back + nice & high.
Hmm so its between corbin or sargeant. Also I have never bought rearsets ever for a bike I've owned. Part of the reason why is tht they are expensive, and also I kinda didn't know wht they were used for for awhile lol, but I'm getting more hip to them and i m pretty sure I will buy some for this bike. Now on tht note, wht are some nice affordable rearsets for the rc?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 02:19 PM

The Sargent seat works well for me.
When it's hot, I place a Bead-rider on top of the seat.
I also use bicycling bib shorts with a nice chamois under my riding outfit.
Try a product called "Monkey Butt Powder" it will keep the sit-bone area cooler and with less irritation. Aerostitch has it.
Take a break hourly and stretch out.

You can also contact Rick Meyers Cycles in Anderson, California (rebuilt my VFR seat via a drive-in appointment) and/or his brother in Mt. Shasta, California (Russell Day Long Saddles, which is more of a touring bike gold wings etc. focused designs) and ship them the stock seat for a redo.

Last edited by rc51 Red Rider; 06-04-2011 at 03:18 PM. Reason: additional text ideas
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

I forgot tht there is a guy tht can redo stock seats near me! I'm going to go check him out first
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 04:47 PM

+1 on the monkey butt. i use the lotion and it works well. thought about ripping my seat open and redoing it myself anybody else do this?

2000 RC51
1985 ATC 350X
2009 Silverado SS clone
Lots and lots of guns!lol
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-04-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rc51 Red Rider View Post
"Monkey Butt Powder"
That's hysterical! We bought some of that stuff as a gag gift this past Christmas. I just found out my brother in-law read the label and has been using it on his feet when he wears his work boots. He absolutely swears by it now.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-05-2011, 08:13 AM

Monkey Butt is great !! I work construction and that stuff keeps me from walking like I have been riding a horse for 4 days non stop! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode