Sold my 2003 RC51 & got repsol.... My review.. - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sold my 2003 RC51 & got repsol.... My review..

Ok my first bike was my modded 03 rc51 sp2 loved that bike to death didn't want to get rid of it but I figured I should while I can still get some money for it before it has to many miles on it bla bla bla but I got it with 9,500 miles sold with like 16/17 maybe 15/16k miles anyways I paid $5,500 did little stuff to it nothing major and sold for $6,300 and got my 2005 Honda cbr 1000rr repsol edition with 4,500 miles on it modded plus a couple boxes of extras with it for $6,500

I was always told the RC51 was a tank and slow and a gas hog but I loved it to me it was fast I only got her up to 144mph one night messin around but it was fast and I thought it handled really good in the twistys and I still do and it wasn't that good on gas but still a great bike I will buy another one when I get the chance but

As of the new 05 repsol way faster hands down lighter to me brakes where better on my RC but that was most likely because of the engine too but I took my RC to the twistys a few times and it was great I tookmy repsol for the first time last weekend and man I felt I was faster on the RC than the repsol even the RC isnt as light as the repsol or as fast u could ride it faster for whatever reason I think alot had to do with the engine slowing u down when u roll out of it and on the repsol it will just keep going and it's really light anyways RC has it pros but so dose the repsol I live the repsol too but they are different bikes and I don't regret getting rid of the RC for the repsol in glad I got the repsol I just need to get use to it in the twistys I was good on the real tight one to the other back to back twistys but the fast high speed tight twistys not so comfortable with but hauling ass on the repsol is easy lol it will get over 150mph before u even know it both great bikes just putting it out there from a owners point of view and just getting into streetbike been on dirt all my life so I always wanted a RC51 and I also always wanted a repsol so who knows where it will go from here but I do still want to get another rc51 either a 03 or 06 one of the two years

But just stopped in to say what's up it's been a while

Another good forum is repsolforum.com & sacramentoridersforum.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 03:44 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Dude, that must be the longest sentence I ever read on this forum...

I had a 2003 Fireblade before, never really liked it - sold and got the RC. Been happy ever since.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 04:38 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Dude, that must be the longest sentence I ever read on this forum...

I had a 2003 Fireblade before, never really liked it - sold and got the RC. Been happy ever since.
i tend to do that,,,, but in my own defence.. i was on my cell phone at work lol so i wasnt planing on saying that much but got to rambleing on and on lol

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 12:36 PM

I'm confused...sounds like you need to sell the repsol and buy a RC51 and put Repsol plastics on it
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kebo View Post
I'm confused...sounds like you need to sell the repsol and buy a RC51 and put Repsol plastics on it
shorter version... repsol is lighter faster.... but i want to try and get another RC51 over winter or maybe by next summer
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 11:48 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
You bought a cbr1000rr with fancy paint, not a "repsol". Sorry, but call it what it is.

Inline liter bikes are nice, I owned a 2002 R1 before the RC. I was actually going to buy a newer R1, but that was before the prices on everything crashed back in '08. Somebody mentioned that they had an RC for sale along with an R1 (which was older than I wanted). It brought back some fond memories of wanting an RC51 while I worked at a Honda dealer when they came out. After that it only took me about a week to find the bike I own now.

I've never regretted it, but both types of bikes have their upside and downsides. My next bike will either be a motard, supermotard or something like a superduke. I'll wait to get an inline when it's time to get another track bike.

post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
You bought a cbr1000rr with fancy paint, not a "repsol". Sorry, but call it what it is.

Inline liter bikes are nice, I owned a 2002 R1 before the RC. I was actually going to buy a newer R1, but that was before the prices on everything crashed back in '08. Somebody mentioned that they had an RC for sale along with an R1 (which was older than I wanted). It brought back some fond memories of wanting an RC51 while I worked at a Honda dealer when they came out. After that it only took me about a week to find the bike I own now.

I've never regretted it, but both types of bikes have their upside and downsides. My next bike will either be a motard, supermotard or something like a superduke. I'll wait to get an inline when it's time to get another track bike.

Huh... Lol... Ok where do I start....

Don't understand why u would try and attack the "repsol" like that...

But you are kinda correct my 2005 CBR 1000RR "REPSOL Edition" ... For the most part is a CBR1000RR with the "repsol" paint job Except the repsol edition has adjustable SHOWA suspension ... I believe it might have different calipers as well

But my bike is not a home made repsol ... there for it is a real repsol... This is what they offer the public for a repsol... U never once said it was a real GP bike... Just like they have the NH edition RC51 no big deal

And my fancy Paint job CBR1000RR will smoke the $H!T out of ur rc51 and ur old 2002 R1 lol
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 12:12 AM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=b.miller123;29554]You bought a cbr1000rr with fancy paint, not a "repsol". Sorry, but call it what it is

Huh... Lol... Ok where do I start....

Don't understand why u would try and attack the "repsol" like that...

But you are kinda correct my 2005 CBR 1000RR "REPSOL Edition" ... For the most part is a CBR1000RR with the "repsol" paint job Except the repsol edition has adjustable SHOWA suspension ... I believe it might have different calipers as well

But my bike is not a home made repsol ... there for it is a real repsol... This is what they offer the public for a repsol... U never once said it was a real GP bike... Just like they have the NH edition RC51 no big deal

And my fancy Paint job CBR1000RR will smoke the $H!T out of ur rc51 and ur old 2002 R1 lol
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

I tried to edit my my post from the cell but I can all I was trying to fix was

I said U never said it was a GP bike

What I meant was I NEVER SAID it was a GP bike
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
It wasn't an attack. I was just pointing out that you are referring to your bike by the name of an oil company. I've never been into the race replica paint jobs, just screams "poser" to me. It doesn't help that a bunch of time at my last two track days was spent stuck behind guys on '08 and '05 repsol edition cbr1000rr's who would do nothing but gun it in the straights and park it in the corners. Evenentually I would have to go through the pits and let them get ahead of me so I could catch up to the them again.

Sorry but yes they are exactly the same bike from Honda with different paint. Every 2005 cbr1000rr has adjustable Showa suspension. Even my RC51 had adjustable Showa suspension from the factory.

Feel free to talk all the smack you want, but a 20hp difference doesn't mean much in anything but a straight line and bragging rights at the local starbucks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode