New brake upgrade for rc51 - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New brake upgrade for rc51

Hello all jake here , i found a brake system that i not only has one of the best designs ive seen but they actually make the brake system to fit the rc51. Pfm brakes.. http://www.thestopshop.co.uk is the manufacturer and distributor in the uk . The design uses a thin caliper that is wide allowing thin ,light, rotors meaning less recipricating mass on your front wheel . No buttons.. Its likethe new ..t.. System from brembo but better as the rotors weight is spead across the whole carrier for better ... Float.. And better heat transfer which = cooler pads/calipers . After staying up till 4 am trying to contact pfm (uk 6hour time differance) i find out lemick racing is the us distibutors lol.(ive had many dealings with owner lee foley , good guy , strait shooter) i am building anouther buell racer so i am buying a full race system for new bitubo front end .

http://www.lemickracing.com lee foley owner

btw ...i get nothing for telling you lemick racing is the usa pfm dist. I just like helping other rc51 owners out as the rc51 is a pita to get parts for lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Ps at first i bought berringer brakes, who also have full system for the rc51 . Berringer has good brake system...if.. They ever show up,i ordered berringer brakes but 3 months later .. Iam still waiting??? If berringer system comes in this week. I will buy 1 full race pfm brake system , if they dont come through this week im done waiting. I will buy 2 pfm systems 1 for rc51 1 for buell racer
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
cool will check those out. Sound pretty interesting. Heard a lot of good things about lemickracing will have send more of my business there way. If you get the PFM brakes post up on them.....i'd like to see them on the Buell and RC.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 11:39 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Looks good. You'll have to fit new brake hoses, as the standard length won't reach.
There's quite a lot of choice of brake upgrade parts for RC51's. Will be interesting to hear what you think of PFM's if you decide to go ahead.

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 11:50 PM

im sticking with my ABM rotors, Galfer superbike lines, accossato master cylinders and 01-02 GSXR1000 6 pot calipers. Mucho cheapo, for under 1000 I got grande stopping powa!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Stig one way or anouther I will get at least one full race kit. The full race kit comes with galfer steel braided brake lines for the rc51 fitting . Everthing but the front master cylinder. I am going to try out AP Racing master cylinder cp4126 the pressure flow rate is adjustable.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Isr also sells a full system for the rc51 . Isr standard masters are increadably adjustable , you have so much control you can feel a ant walking across cotton , as my rider quoted . In fact we have both the brembo superbike sytem which is arund 7000$ and the isr set up has more power and better feel. Back ordered everywhere , if brembo isnt sponsoring a rider, they are now using isr brakes.in europe anyway , they have all the best components having such a bigger market (more riders, more motorcycles sold ect )
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 02:09 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Jake, good to see you back!

ISR stuff does look really nice. If money had been no object, I'd have gone for those for my bike, but I had to look at cost v performance & quality and came up with a different answer in the end, with no regrets!

Interesting what you say about the AP master cylinder. I wonder if you mean the fulcrum is adjustable so in effect it offers different leverage choices, similar to the Brembo RCS 18-20?

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Stig the brembo has adjustable leverage. Where as the isr masters you can adjust the leverage and/also you can adjust the amount flow rate of brake fluid through the master. You can even adjust how much flow and at what point . Example : If you have 2 inch of lever travel you can set it to flow 75% in the first 1 inch and 25% in the second inch of travel. Isr is a swedish company whos primary business is producing brake systems for jet aircraft.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 03:07 AM Thread Starter

Stig your bike has an excellent set up across the board . But ive never heard of babyface rearsets ? Btw how do you like the maxton rear shock? What little ive heard about maxton has been all good . I try different brands because of the race team . I get feedback from our rider . I am not a good enough rider(and just too big at 6ft4 240-250lbs) to push the limit and judge suspensions or chassis.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode