Some pics from my 4th... - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 01:28 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Some pics from my 4th...

wifey took the pics and drove the chase car

Coming out of the replica of the "Karussell" (complete with the 20 degrees of banking)

Go to the bathroom - come back and a my wife is smiling - I ask "what's so funny?" She says, "you're starting to rub off on me" - she hands me the camera, show's me this pic and says "I'm calling this one "torque""....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Nice pics. What track were you at?

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Old & Slow Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
Nice pics. What track were you at?
Looks like Shenandoah at Summit Point.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Lifetime Premium

I wanna go... Looks excellent!

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Old & Slow Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
I wanna go... Looks excellent!
Hope ya like concrete walls everywhere!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

too funny - it was my first time at this track and while on the course I didn't notice the walls once, looking at the pics, concrete walls are everywhere...It is Shenandoah at Summit. Very Technical track with lots of turns. Even with 15/41 gearing, you'll barely get into 4th and I would just leave it in second for the crazy esses and torque out. I actually really liked it because 1) Because of all the turns, it's a "slow" track and I wasn't trying to crash my street bike so the slower the better for me! 2) It's collection of turns allowed me to work on some skills that would put me in real jeopardy on the street (I was blowing the entry of "the corkscrew" 9 times out of 10 and setting up for the 110 degree right after "the hook" was comical (both downhill rights...hmmmm) 3) the gentleman who sets up the suspension on my bikes (baselines) is also a coach with a couple of thousand miles just at this track and I got to work with him on setting up the right lines, body positioning (he says I ride too much like a street rider) and entry speed (got the exit part down4) it's about an hour from my house!!!!!!; It was a blast and I can't wait for the next one.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 05:43 PM

Nice

I used to race cars up there in 2001 -2004. had a couple track records there. they were just building this track when we were last there. It was no and go several times, looks nice though. I want to take some track schools to improve my riding, when I get released to ride again. Next spring I hope to get in one or two.

motorkas which side of Summit do you live on? I am south about 2 1/2 hours. Funny it is within 10 miles difference to Summit and VIR from my house right in the middle! Great pics. HOOVY

Satos, CF Sir box & snorkel,Mr front and rear fender & dash cover, custom carbon V cowl, Black ASV levers, Power com III, Hot Bodies tail, Galfer lines, Vortex Clip ons.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOVY View Post
I used to race cars up there in 2001 -2004. had a couple track records there. they were just building this track when we were last there. It was no and go several times, looks nice though. I want to take some track schools to improve my riding, when I get released to ride again. Next spring I hope to get in one or two.

motorkas which side of Summit do you live on? I am south about 2 1/2 hours. Funny it is within 10 miles difference to Summit and VIR from my house right in the middle! Great pics. HOOVY
Hey HOOVY - I'm on the Maryland side in Montgomery county about 13 miles north of DC. Good lord VIR is legendary!!!!!!but it also scares the hell out of me - way too fast on two wheels (I've never been a top speed tester on bikes - just love taking the turns. I think Summit is going to be my track of choice because I get the turns and cut down on things going really wrong at high speeds (even then - someone crashed at the Karussell on Monday and had to be airlifted out). I went out on Sunday for a quick street ride to test out my new go pro, I go to exit off of 270 and when I went to down shift - MY SHIFTER WASN'T THERE; I had vibrated off the bolt and nut in fourth gear and could only imagine what that would have been like at a fast track!!!!!). I get my straight line acceleration fixes with the Benz (I've cut an 11.7 @ 121 in the 1/4 at MIR on street tires with it and it'll haul all the gear for a track day in the trunk). I'm definitely going to be looking into schools - maybe even finding a beater 51 that I can turn into a dedicated track bike so I don't have to worry about laying this one (or the Duc) down.

I don't know why you have to be cleared to ride again but I'm wishing all the best for you for whatever the reason was!!!!!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Lifetime Premium

I saw tires and an air fence too....concrete just reminds you of where not to be.

One day I hope Indy has an open track day for motorcycles...That to me would be a dream come true.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode