Rossco's RC Rebuild.... - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Smile Rossco's RC Rebuild....

Heck, everyone else has one of these so might as well have my own lol...

So I started out with this piece of junk,
leaking forks,
bald flat tires,
shortened cans that I thought were two bros but now think they're Jardines,
broken brake lever and pedal,
rattle can paint job,
scratched, cracked chipped fairings,
set of intermittent HID's
and some faux alligator seat covers...

Then less than a month I get run over by a truck lol bending forks and rotors destroying the upper fairing and snorkel... Of course that had to happen after I had the fork seals replaced.. Sheesh!

Then back to this compliments to those of the forum with some great advice and parts

Some light changes to this,

and now this (CLICK IMAGE BELOW FOR BIKE VIDEO)

She's only part way broken down, I need to go further to remove the swing arm and have it cleaned up and resprayed... as well as removing those forks to get to the frame.

Has just realized that I don't care what it costs until I get the bill! :roll eyes: ...

Rossco's RC Teardown & Rebuild....

PARTS FOR SALE!

Last edited by Rossco; 07-07-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Ok so my latest endeavors led me over to the guys doing a complete respray on all my fairings for about $600 which I thought was nice of them including repairing. While I was there I got the details of a local powder coater who they labeled as "pretty damn good' so off I pop.

Sure enough i get there to see a good ol Florida boy giving me shit for being English and generally having a laugh at his hired hand he had working for him. Long story short he basically said he would do the wheels and swing arm for less than $100 if I don't mind the wait and he can put it in with another load... Do I mind heck no so I've decided while he's at it he can do the frame...

They sent me to a sand blaster down Melbourne FL island and the quote from him was $120 for the lot...

So Frame off time, I know some of you are breathing a sigh of relief but If anyone wants 6 cans of engine enamel spray paint the I'm your man! lol

Has just realized that I don't care what it costs until I get the bill! :roll eyes: ...

PARTS FOR SALE!

Last edited by Rossco; 07-07-2014 at 06:12 PM.
post #3 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 05:32 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Nothing like a bike build/re-build/documentary of someone's bike...glad you started the thread. Keep up the good work!!!

2001 SP1 (sold)
2004 SP2 (properly stored)
2012 Ruckus (stolen)
2015 Grom (under construction)

Weyrauch pronounced (Y Rock)...Rock for short.

Semper Fidelis

post #4 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
While you got her a part, you may want to grab a coil comb and straighten out the radiator fins a bit. They are starting to look knackered a bit.

What is the frame color you are looking at? A lovely hue of gold would be a nice change.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #5 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-07-2014, 11:15 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
A build thread to follow. Great!

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #6 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
While you got her a part, you may want to grab a coil comb and straighten out the radiator fins a bit. They are starting to look knackered a bit.

What is the frame color you are looking at? A lovely hue of gold would be a nice change.
Lol if there's one thing I loath on any of my bikes it's gold or chrome... I was thinking as gloss black I maybe convinced to add some copper flakes in there but not sure... My imagination isn't that impressive I'm afraid so am hoping something inspirational will come to me...

Not heard of this comb thing, I was looking at the rads this morning and one of the cooling tubes the fins are connected to is bent pretty bad, I would like to straighten it but worried I might break it... As for the fins themselves, I'm all for straightening those!

PARTS FOR SALE!
post #7 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 05:03 AM
Lifetime Premium

Rossco, being in Florida, why not do something that nobody else has and make your bike a Euro decal design? All you'd need to have done is paint the top black metalluc and the bottom a bright Silver.
I could measure to tell you exactly where the diagonal line of Silver should intersect.
Then simply buy the decal set for a Euro 2005-2006 model, fit and voila - you'd have a bike not dissimilar to that which Carlos & I made for him. In the US there won't be many of those... they come with black frame & swing arm too.

BTW, looks like I'll be working late tonight - got customers waiting for details of their purchases, but will send that tool to you as soon as I get a chance to use it!

Euro RC51 SP2: HRC WSB Ti Hi-Level, T1 Airbox & Snorkel, PCIII, Dymag CA5 Carbon Wheels, Ti64 Spindles (F, R & Swing Arm), Mori Link, Maxton GP7 Shock & Ohlins 832 Forks, Brembo GP Calipers & SBK narrow track (F), Braketech Disc (R), Brembo billet Underslung x 2 Brembo RCS, Tyga Triple, 7075 Stem, Probolt Titanium all over, Babyface rearsets, MR Complete Carbon Lineup, Custom Undertail & CBR 1000 LED, Watsen LED Indicators, Harris Brace, Giles clip-ons, Corbin seat, etc. 2013 BOTY.
post #8 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Hey Stig do you have a picture? I googled it but couldn't see it.

PARTS FOR SALE!
post #9 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 07:54 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
See here

For the comb.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&key...l_1hdyfpqjiv_b

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #10 of 95 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 08:20 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
Hey Stig do you have a picture? I googled it but couldn't see it.
For the project https://www.rc51forums.com/forums/sho...=project+night

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode