Chinese Ebay Fairings Good or Bad? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Post Chinese Ebay Fairings Good or Bad?

I'm trying to see if there is anyone else here who had a positive Chinese EBay fairing experience? Good or bad lets see um.. Mine were spot on and are holding up great and fit perfect. I've heard nothing good ever but these are great. I posted a full review on my YouTube page. MrHorsepowercrazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IRs...13quv6akkjgR0w
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10547613_661580457264927_8040748468263646345_n.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	66553   Click image for larger version

Name:	10511070_661580477264925_6933364106770461769_n.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	66561  

Last edited by Mrhorsepowercrazy; 08-06-2014 at 03:29 PM. Reason: add link to review
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Have you tried a search? This Chinese fairings topic has been discussed to death already.
Bottom line is they're crap. Thin plastic, more vulnerable to melting or just plain ripping off while riding, mounting holes ALWAYS out of alignment-dremel required. Etc, etc, etc...

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

So I take it you did not read my post or look at my review.But thanks for calling my plastics shit. My holes fit perfectly. everything lined up and the quality is fantastic. Maybe the Chinese fairing thing has been done to death, but I'm here to tell you that the one's I got are great. If riding all day on a hot day around town don't melt them I'm sure they will be ok. And as far as ripping off while riding come on..The reason I did the review was to show that not all aftermarket fairings are bad. Sure the majority of the ones out of China suck, but not these. and to be totally honest I love them.

I wonder where my flaws are?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	completed rc51 sp1 034.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	66569  

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 06:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hopefully they stay that way and you can report back good news 12-18mths from now.

The last 3-4 reviews I've read on this forum all stated the same thing initially (ok quality, fit, paint, etc...) but have yet to see a long-term follow-up.

A few other reviews (again in this site)...have reported immediate crap (holes don't fit, paint didn't match, paint bubbled in sun, and parts flew off at speed).

Good luck with yours.

2001 SP1 (sold)
2004 SP2 (properly stored)
2012 Ruckus (stolen)
2015 Grom (under construction)

Weyrauch pronounced (Y Rock)...Rock for short.

Semper Fidelis
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-06-2014, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhorsepowercrazy View Post
So I take it you did not read my post or look at my review.But thanks for calling my plastics shit. My holes fit perfectly. everything lined up and the quality is fantastic. Maybe the Chinese fairing thing has been done to death, but I'm here to tell you that the one's I got are great. If riding all day on a hot day around town don't melt them I'm sure they will be ok. And as far as ripping off while riding come on..The reason I did the review was to show that not all aftermarket fairings are bad. Sure the majority of the ones out of China suck, but not these. and to be totally honest I love them.

I wonder where my flaws are?
If you saw as many posts and threads as I have in the last 3 years you'd understand.
I hope the best for you and your Chinese plastics.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 07:06 AM Thread Starter

Caution May Offend

Its funny how at the mention of Chinese Fairings the immediate reaction on these forums is anger. I have had a good experience and it still pisses everyone off. People will continue to buy these fairings simply because of the low cost over OEM fairings. I thought I would share my experience so people would know that all are not bad, and that you can get some decent quality fairings on a budget. Now lets get a few things straight while we are on the subject. This is not my first rodeo. Ive been building custom cars and bikes for 25 years and not as some back yard mechanic, so I know shit when I see it. I did not have to buy Chinese fairings, I chose too (after a lot of research to see who has the best manufacturing process) just to see if it was cost effective for me to put on some of my other sport bikes, and from what I have found from this seller the answer is yes. By the time I repair and respray my Oem fairings I would have more than $600 in materials, not to mention time. As far as buying OEM on ebay, Why? They are expensive, does not do the whole bike, and are always scratched to hell. I agree that there are a ton of very bad Chinese fairings out there. So when a good set comes along I would like to share. My Fairing story is a positive one, Sorry if that offends anyone.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	completed rc51 sp1 073.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	66641  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 07:58 AM
Lifetime Premium

I don't think anyone is offended, but I believe statistically speaking...the Chinese products usually don't do to well.

Its great that you had a good experience and are sharing it because it could possibly open up other options for riders in a budget. Much like the recent reviews on the DanMoto exhausts (which some have found very helpful).

Personally...I would stick with OEM (and quality parts in general) as I believe our fat little piggy deserves it (just my humble opinion).

2001 SP1 (sold)
2012 Ruckus (stolen)

Semper Fidelis
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

I agree with you 100%. But track days can be very expensive on my plastics budget. especially with all of the bumping these kids seem to do these days. lol.. I do agree that OEM is the way to go if its possible to find a good example.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2014, 08:59 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhorsepowercrazy View Post
I agree with you 100%. But track days can be very expensive on my plastics budget. especially with all of the bumping these kids seem to do these days. lol.. I do agree that OEM is the way to go if its possible to find a good example.

For track days get a decent fiberglass track set (which I currently use)...or spend a little extra and get a good Carbon Fiber set (which I will be buying from our resident member Duckhunter).

If you are buying Chinese plastics for Trackday use only...then the cheap cost makes a way more sense (as long as the tabs hold up).

2001 SP1 (sold)
2012 Ruckus (stolen)

Semper Fidelis
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-09-2014, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What was the site you got the fairings from? Can you post the link?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode