My old friend the speeding ticket - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My old friend the speeding ticket

I haven't had a visit from my old friend speeding ticket in awhile, as a matter of fact my insurance lady congratulated me when I started up the insurance on the bike because in Oct. my record was going to be clean! Well yesterday on my lunch break I got nailed 67 in a 45 and its not waiverable got to go to court they mean business, you know it is so hard not to crack the throttle open on this bike every chance I get! Whys it got to be against the law to have so much fun! Its funny when I first see the red and blues flash on, my first thought is to run can I make it, then I calm down and pull over.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 11:35 PM

haha, man that sucks. ive been pretty lucky and have only been stopped a couple times. thats not going to be a cheap one either, sorry bud.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 01:04 AM
RC51 Forums Moderator

Send a message via AIM to 1ofakindRR
At least it wasn't in a school zone or a neighborhood...

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 08:20 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
I don't much care for driving in Ohio because I know to well what you are talking about. My travels to the Mid-Ohio race have caused me issues before with Columbus cops.....5 over during that weekend on a bike, they nail you.

Proven Strategy:

When you appear before the judge and you state your name etc, some point in time he/she will ask Why? Respectfully tell the truth. As well let them know you are trying to protect the points on your record and if there are any other suggestions by the judge or prosecutor that would satisfy the State/Common Wealth, you are open to hearing their suggestions.

The state/county/city usually just wants your money....

Before your court date, go to the prosecutor's office and have a talk along the same lines. If it is not deferrable, then maybe you could pay the same fine for a lesser charge, preferrably a non-moving violation.

I have been to court twice in three years using this strategy and has worked every time. They just want the money!

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine

Last edited by madbuyer; 08-13-2011 at 02:14 PM.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-13-2011, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
I don't much care for driving in Ohio because I know to well what you are talking about. My travels to the Mid-Ohio race have caused me issues before with Columbus cops.....5 over during that weekend on a bike, they nail you.

Proven Strategy:

When you appear before the judge and you state your name etc, some point in time he/she will ask Why? Respectfully tell the truth. As well let them know you are trying to protect the points on your record and if there are any other suggestions by the judge or prosecutor that would satisfy the State/Common Wealth, you are open to hearing their suggestions.

The state/county/city usually just wants your money....

Before your court date, go to the prosecutor's office and have a talk along the same lines. If it is not deferrable, then maybe you could pay the same fine for a lesser charge, preferrably a non-moving violation.

I have been to court twice in three years using this strategy and has worked every time. They just want the money!
I give it a try! I not sure how to word myself? I guess I'll say something on the lines of " I would like to protect my driving record so I would greatly appreciate some sort of other charge that would satisfy the courts and not affect my driving record points. my court is on the 26th
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My tactic works well, I show the officer my son's business card, he's a State Trooper, I chat with the officer, he scolds me, no ticket, all is good. Unfortunately though, my son is in another part of the state, and we don't get to ride together much.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Back in the 80's (during the 55 MPH lunacy), the Ohio State Police would give tickets for 1 MPH over the limit, being total jerks.

Going through Dayton, there is a dogleg on I-75 where the speed limit would drop from 55 to 50 for about a 1/4 mile.
They had about 6 police cars lined up in each direction doing nothing but making peoples lives miserable all day long.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Well, on a brighter side, I'm seeing news reports from the local news media that are encouraging motorcycle awareness. A couple channels are reporting things like what causes car vs. motorcycle crashes, how to look out for motorcycles that 'share' lanes, etc. They are being pretty fair to motorcyclists, saying it isn't always our fault. I'm also seeing electronic road signs, and the regular road signs advising motorists to be aware and share the road. We already get to use the carpool lane, you just gotta watch the speed. Cops will pull you over for anything more than 15 mph over. That's the magic number around here...

Sorry to hear about your ticket Tommysixgun. Sounds like Madbuyer has good advice, apparently he's been in and out of the system for a while now and he knows how to work it!

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 11:35 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post
Sounds like Madbuyer has good advice, apparently he's been in and out of the system for a while now and he knows how to work it!
Damn ham fisted punk hymen herder!!!

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine

Last edited by madbuyer; 08-14-2011 at 11:39 AM.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 08-14-2011, 12:05 PM

Wow!

It's so different over here when it comes to speeding. Most of the time the first time you know you've been 'got' is when you get notification through the post. (The Dutch are big on static cameras)

Here, there is a set scale for speeding fines starting at €75 for being up to 10kph over the limit, to €320 for being 49kph over.

50kph+ and they take your licence off you on the spot & make you walk home, you have to plead to a judge for it to be returned which is never less than a month.

Get caught at over double the limit and they take your wheels and put them in the crusher, no appeal no comeback

There are penelty points too, but as I'm driving on a British licence I don't get them - technically I should have changed over to a Dutch licence years ago but since we are all one big Europe now, it's become non-compulsory in the last couple of years.

btw Whats all this about hymen herders?

Aslan K Freeman

My Intro + My Space + My YouTube + My Place

Last edited by LionOfNarnia; 08-17-2011 at 10:33 AM. Reason: typo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode