Indy MOTOGP - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up Indy MOTOGP

Well the weekend was great in Indy and it was good to see all of you that were there on the RC's. I was impressed with the condition of your bikes and I am glad we got together. I have not heard any news yet about contract renewal at Indy. No news is not good news although I still have hopes they will renew. If they do I'll buy the first round next year. See you then.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 06:48 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Glad you had a good time during your visit. No news yet either from the local sources.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 09:52 AM

I heard a rumor (only a rumor) that Formula 1 is coming back to Indy. They are waiting for that deal to be done. My source said they want to sign a 9 year deal with both Formula 1 and Moto GP. Like i said, only a rumor at this point. Hope it happens.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 08:43 PM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgorrell View Post
I heard a rumor (only a rumor) that Formula 1 is coming back to Indy. They are waiting for that deal to be done. My source said they want to sign a 9 year deal with both Formula 1 and Moto GP. Like i said, only a rumor at this point. Hope it happens.
As someone who is forever bitter and will not knowing plan to watch a F1 race because of their actions at Indy, I will buy you dinner after the race if it comes back.

Michelin cried like little French bitches and caused a huge PR problem for IMS. Now that the black eye is healed, IMS has done wonderful. That place is bigger than any one event or any one company. Ask some of the folks who visited for the first time, its a living piece of history to which I am proud to support. IMS builds and cares for its own investments, not like NFL football teams who try and hold cities hostage. It does not ask the city for one dime to run the events either, it gives revenue in the millions for each event...take a look at the 20,000 plus bikes that were on Meridian Street. Those folks didn't eat out of their saddle bags...

Bernie "The Schmuck" Ecclestone tried to hold IMS hostage for a 35 million dollar check to have them back one more year. I don't see him changing his mind. Thats one person I would not piss on if he was on fire.

As for MotoGP, I'd be surprised too(2013 may be it)....World Superbike would be great, especially if the rumors are true, NASCAR is leaving, which would not bother me....

I would like to see a fall race of the Indy Cars on the road course as a season ending event.

I need to send a special shout out to Casey Stoner....you are a little bitch. Bitch and win on the worst track on the circuit, so you say.....you are one step away from being just like your buddy Pedrosa, Bitch!

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Lifetime Premium

More action....

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 06:38 AM

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...?article=30633

Hey MB, Merlyn Plumlee is not around anymore. Try again. I had an unfortunate accident in Knoxville where the strap on my bike failed to do its job and now I have an effing dent in my right can and a huge scrape on the side. SO lame! guess I am gonna have to go all out and turn her into a castrol bike. Guess she was so sad at the piss poor performance of good ole' #69 or maybe the face Nicky gave me when I screamed "RC51" at him.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
As for MotoGP, I'd be surprised too(2013 may be it)....World Superbike would be great, especially if the rumors are true, NASCAR is leaving, which would not bother me....
I need to send a special shout out to Casey Stoner....you are a little bitch. Bitch and win on the worst track on the circuit, so you say.....you are one step away from being just like your buddy Pedrosa, Bitch!
Yea i don't care about F1. But i would love to keep GP for years to come.
I agree about Stoner. How do you complain about the track like it's the worst thing ever and then go out and blow everyone else out. Oh and i also agree Pedrosa is a little Bitch.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgorrell View Post
I doubt that rumor will come true since F1 will be racing next year at at the new Circuit of The Americas track in Austin TX.

MotoGP will race there starting in 2013 plus Aussie V8 Supercars.
Now if they can get WSBK as well, then it will really put Austin on the map.

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/

Last edited by SubSailor; 08-31-2011 at 09:37 AM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 09:34 AM

I also agree World Superbike would be another awesome event to see at Indy. We just need more motorcycle races! Can't have too much
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 08-31-2011, 12:10 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Hey madbuyer, quit sugar coating it and tell us what you really think Seriously, I don't get some of the superstars of any discipline, what makes them such crying primadonna's. Used to be that the ones in the limelight had enough pride in their sport (and respect for themselves as well as others) to be gracious and humble with their success. Sometimes makes me wonder if we've evolved or if we've regressed

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode