Mods For RC 51 - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 04:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Question Mods For RC 51

I.m new to the RC 51 I had a 02 for awhile it was mint but got in wreck last July with a suv the lady went from right lane to left with out signaling and took out the back window.Well thats enough for that But there is a few mods you can do like flapper valve and soft rev limiter but not to be dum what do'es the speed healer do?I have a new one now bought a 2001 one but got a whole lot of problems the mid pipe gets really hot and burnt my plastic it dos'nt have a PC it doe's not all there.Ibought the bike in KY at cyclesmart they knew what was wrong it looked good and sounded it too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-27-2011, 04:19 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi Knee....not dumb at all, as I asked the same question. Speedo healers give you a far more accurate account of speed and distance. They take into account your mods...tires / gear ratios and then calculate your speed so your speedo shows more accurately....hope that helps !

2001 SP1 - Code Name F-Bomb - PCIII USB / D&D High Mount System / 42T / EK SRX 530X / CRG Levers / K&N Filters / Stomp Grip / Rev Limiter Mod / Flapper Mod / PAIR Mod / Undertail / Hugger / 6K HID Lights / Speigler lines / Wave Rotors / CF Airbox / Shorai Battery - More to come, as soon as my slush fund get's more "Slushy" !
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Hey! Thanks for the info I have a lot to learn about the RC51 I do love mine alot of power I have alot of work to do to it my winter project.I have to have it done in time for bikeweek daytona beach I would like to know how you put the faces on the end of a sentence you can pm me if you like.You said something about a slush fund well my son has cp and funds are slim but it will get done thanks

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kneedrager View Post
Hey! Thanks for the info I have a lot to learn about the RC51 I do love mine alot of power I have alot of work to do to it my winter project.I have to have it done in time for bikeweek daytona beach I would like to know how you put the faces on the end of a sentence you can pm me if you like.You said something about a slush fund well my son has cp and funds are slim but it will get done thanks
Don't worry about the faces. Work on punctuation. You have the longest run-on sentences. Periods and capitals are nice. They make it MUCH easier to follow your train of thought. I'm not trying to discourage you, we welcome your thoughts and opinions. But you can make it easier for us to read them!

Ok, now that I've lectured you, , the smileys are present when you click on the "Go Advanced" tab right below the text box that you type in.
John-the school marm

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-28-2011, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Sorry I will try and do better the next time and could Iv'e went to advance to reply back?I would like to know if I make a thread and reply back like I'm doing know am I doing this all right?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Ha ha ha ....score is tied, J Dog 1 - Knee Dragger 1 ....game on !!

But on a more serious note, welcome to the forum...you will find a TON of great information from what I consider a ph-nominal knowledge base. Between Sub Sailor and J Dog you won't find better guys to give advice. As for slush funds, many of the mods suggested are fairly inexpensive and the work can be done yourself. I have been fortunate to find a few folks here in town that have reasonable rates and been very helpful ! Keep your eyes peeled on the For sale forum as you can pickup some good pre-owned goodies as well as rc51parts.org .....he ALWAYS has good stuff at good prices...!!

2001 SP1 - Code Name F-Bomb - PCIII USB / D&D High Mount System / 42T / EK SRX 530X / CRG Levers / K&N Filters / Stomp Grip / Rev Limiter Mod / Flapper Mod / PAIR Mod / Undertail / Hugger / 6K HID Lights / Speigler lines / Wave Rotors / CF Airbox / Shorai Battery - More to come, as soon as my slush fund get's more "Slushy" !

Last edited by raleighp; 09-29-2011 at 09:31 AM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
I.m new to the RC 51 I had a 02 for awhile it was mint but got in wreck last July with a suv the lady went from right lane to left with out signaling and took out the back window.Well thats enough for that But there is a few mods you can do like flapper valve and soft rev limiter but not to be dum what do'es the speed healer do?I have a new one now bought a 2001 one but got a whole lot of problems the mid pipe gets really hot and burnt my plastic it dos'nt have a PC it doe's not all there.Ibought the bike in KY at cyclesmart they knew what was wrong it looked good and sounded it too!
Your in my neck o the woods......hit me up some time for a ride. If you have any questions or need help let me know.

I am in Indy, it sounds like you are South, which is where I ride a great deal of time.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2011, 11:18 PM

Quote:
I hope you had someone else look over the bike. I have corrected or fixed more of Cycle Smarts mistakes than I could count. Many were very serious errors that could have caused a bad crash. One was a Gixxer they forgot to tighten the rear axle nut on. When the guy pulled into my lot the axle was literally hanging out almost six inches.
I'm not trying to bash you, I'm just trying to give you a heads up. They have to be the absolute worst shop in town and that's saying a lot . I'd be happy to look it over for you. I'm just down the road near Middletown.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Iv'e been looking around for things just watching pennies for now son has had two operations in last two weeks.Iv'e not been working much on FMLA with out pay.It will been done for Bike Week I was just in the wrong shop for a bike.

Last edited by kneedrager; 09-30-2011 at 06:32 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2011, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Hey are you in Indiana or KY you said just down the road I'm going trough the bike now little by little.Those guys should'nt be in business I called them up and told them all about what was wrong they just came up with excusses.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode