RC51 Forums banner

Volar Brake Pads

10K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  JusAnadaMexican 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I have already heard and read that several times. I just want to know if anyone has used them before.

What you stated is exactly what I have read from several forums.;)

#4 ·
Hey mad...did you go with the Volars ? I am looking at these as well....

#6 ·
I pulled the trigger last night....will keep you posted on how they perform. My daily commute riding will most likely never really push these pad's so I am not sure I will be a good judge of their effectiveness.

#7 · (Edited)
At that low price . I would not put my life on the line , seems something has to be wrong with them , good luck ---- when my life is on the line i only use Vesrah pads - The RJL Brake Pad compound is the perfect choice for Aggressive Street Riders, Track Day Riding and Novice Racers.
A harder backing plate than OEM brake pads for more even pressure across the pad.
More initial "bite" giving the brakes a more aggressive feel.
Pad compound is resistant to fade related to heat buildup.
No Bedding in of the pad is required before usage.

#8 ·
Hi Anthony....you never know. Could be that other OEM's are over charging you for the same thing. As I said, I am going to give them a try...if I don't like the feel I can always take them off, but they could be a good set at a good price.

#9 ·
this would be great if they hold up ,, let us no

#10 · (Edited)
I got these awhile ago, they do the job for street riding rain or shine. Don't know about track because I haven't gone to one yet, but they may perform just the same as the higher end models or a tad lower. just a tad lower. I've been using them for about 6months in rain or shine. Only issue i had was when it get really cold, but that was just recently when i had to be at work at zero dark thirty. other than that, shoot $30Bucks an entire set, they work better than the OEM spec EBC's that were installed on my bike back when i got it last year. here's a Coupon code if your interested got this in with the product. Code: D2M2008, its good for 15% off restrictions apply, give it a try if you want. No complaints here. Sry i didn't see this earlier

#11 ·
Thanks Jus ....good info !!

#12 ·
OK so I can finally review these pads on a track day....Don't use them, Unless....

this last weekend I got to ride around Laguna Seca, and LDH® was one of the hosts that was doing the street group instructor. I got to say, he and his buddy did a phenomenal job on breaking down the track and giving us some exercises to run though out the tarmac. The pads did well during the periods we were practicing around the track, but as soon as we were let go to speed as we pleased....whhhooooaaaw, after about 6miles through the track I noticed some brake fade coming around the corkscrew; every time I reached my reference point. Because my BT-016's handled so well with my smooth reaction it was not a big deal for me, but I do think some braided brake lines would have taken some sponginess away towards the end of each session. So, for the novice-set-my-ego/aggression-aside trackster these pads would be just "fine". BUT If you are in a sporting mood and have AMA skills, turn back now or keep them for insurance purposes. They do NOT like reacting in high heat temps. With that being said the temperature for that day was, I think above 80°, but I could be wrong.

Final say is Nay for True track performance or Hardcore canyon carving (hardcore like you need to get your bike impounded because laws broken go beyond the pen and pad)1/5 stars
Aye for the Commuter, city dwellers and Just Taking it EasyRiders. 4/5 stars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.