I have an addiction - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Amsterdam,NY
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have an addiction

Ok So i have this problem i have an addiction..

My addiction:

I love riding most of the time if im going anywhere ill take my bike even if there is a chance of rain in the forecast I dont care. Since i started riding a rc51 my addiction has gotten worse. Well where i live doesnt allow me to ride for upwards of 5months because of this Snow shit thats really sucks. People right now are riding around on there bikes but we havent gotten outta the 40's for a week or so now and it has been raining off an on and there are leaves all over and I dont wanna ride my rc51 and end up wrecking the bike cause I believe id probally sit on the side of the road and cry if i did.. Anybody else have this problem that we can help eachother get this these difficult months
rockintwisties2011 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Senior Member
 
Ponch 7M4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 219
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintwisties2011 View Post
Ok So i have this problem i have an addiction..

My addiction:

I love riding most of the time if im going anywhere ill take my bike even if there is a chance of rain in the forecast I dont care. Since i started riding a rc51 my addiction has gotten worse. Well where i live doesnt allow me to ride for upwards of 5months because of this Snow shit thats really sucks. People right now are riding around on there bikes but we havent gotten outta the 40's for a week or so now and it has been raining off an on and there are leaves all over and I dont wanna ride my rc51 and end up wrecking the bike cause I believe id probally sit on the side of the road and cry if i did.. Anybody else have this problem that we can help eachother get this these difficult months
You should schedule a performance riding school for January or February in Las Vegas or SoCal. It won't be your RC51 you're riding but it would help tide you over until the weather is decent enough to ride in your area.
Ponch 7M4 is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Amsterdam,NY
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
las vegas is on the other side of the country for me wouldnt be very easy
rockintwisties2011 is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-20-2011, 05:11 PM
Senior Member
 
COBRA90GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: HOCKEYTOWN MI
Posts: 1,291
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintwisties2011 View Post
las vegas is on the other side of the country for me wouldnt be very easy

There are these things called airplanes and airports that help one travel across the country in (relatively) short amounts of time; great idea for a winter trip.


'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC51
-Competition Werkes FE w/
Clear Alternatives IT

'02 Silver/Black CBR 954RR
'11 Graphite Black CBR 1000RR (sold '15)
'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold '11)
COBRA90GT is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-21-2011, 09:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: BayArea CA
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm the same way... I live in the san Francisco area and we don't get snow but I ride in the rain
WarpSpeed is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Member
 
hayabusa08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintwisties2011 View Post
Ok So i have this problem i have an addiction..

My addiction:

I love riding most of the time if im going anywhere ill take my bike even if there is a chance of rain in the forecast I dont care. Since i started riding a rc51 my addiction has gotten worse. Well where i live doesnt allow me to ride for upwards of 5months because of this Snow shit thats really sucks. People right now are riding around on there bikes but we havent gotten outta the 40's for a week or so now and it has been raining off an on and there are leaves all over and I dont wanna ride my rc51 and end up wrecking the bike cause I believe id probally sit on the side of the road and cry if i did.. Anybody else have this problem that we can help eachother get this these difficult months

Oh man--I'm the same way you are. Same weather crap here in Rochester. I usually ride about 10-12,000 miles per season--that means I ride everywhere during the summer. Now--here's a greater torture--I just got my RC51 2 days ago--it's sitting in the garage beggin me to ride her--what's a guy to do? Think I can put knobbies on her and ride during the winter??? LOL
hayabusa08 is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 10:43 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Amsterdam,NY
Posts: 194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottrodd7 View Post
Oh man--I'm the same way you are. Same weather crap here in Rochester. I usually ride about 10-12,000 miles per season--that means I ride everywhere during the summer. Now--here's a greater torture--I just got my RC51 2 days ago--it's sitting in the garage beggin me to ride her--what's a guy to do? Think I can put knobbies on her and ride during the winter??? LOL
Wait till u ride it next year. Maybe we can get a meet going there is 4 guys I know here wirh rc51
rockintwisties2011 is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 07:58 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
erbgottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dayton, VA
Posts: 365
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Same thing here in WV, need to put an rc engine in a snowmobile hmmmm

2003 Honda RC51 - 46K+
----------------------------------
PCIIIr, SATO low mount C/F, hotbodies undertail, SATO F/S, CRG shorty BRK & CLTCH levers, Magical Racing C/F speedo cover and rear hugger, HRC clutch & F Brake sock covers, Galfer SS lines all around, pair valve mod
erbgottie is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 10:08 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
madbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,335
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
I have this to tie me over....put it on the big screen through the blue ray with surround and enjoy. This was my 3rd attempt using the GoPro







The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
madbuyer is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 10:56 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cooooorn !!

Man there is a lot of corn around there !!!!! Great vid. Ride Safe Hoovy

Satos, CF Sir box & snorkel,Mr front and rear fender & dash cover, custom carbon V cowl, Black ASV levers, Power com III, Hot Bodies tail, Galfer lines, Vortex Clip ons.
HOOVY is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome