International Motorcycle Show - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
International Motorcycle Show

http://www.motorcycleshows.com

Here is the link if anyone is interested. I will be at the Novi show on the 7th of January.

I hope to see some of the site vendors at this event.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-25-2011, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
I used to live in Farmington Hills, MI back in the mid to late 80's.
Novi used to be a sleepy little town, then started getting developed out the wazoo.
I didn't care for the ice and snow (and -25 F), but I do have some good memories of that area.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 08:23 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Might be attending on Sat as well if my work schedule cooperates. If anyone else plans on going, definitely buy your tickets online to save a couple of bucks over the "door" price.

^ SubSailor - Way too much "urban sprawl/development" since you've left. The suburbs have become so populated now, everybody keeps moving further outwards and all it does is add to your commute time if one has to drive downtown for work...

'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC51
-Competition Werkes FE w/
Clear Alternatives IT

'02 Silver/Black CBR 954RR
'11 Graphite Black CBR 1000RR (sold '15)
'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold '11)

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-26-2011, 07:20 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by COBRA90GT View Post
Might be attending on Sat as well if my work schedule cooperates. If anyone else plans on going, definitely buy your tickets online to save a couple of bucks over the "door" price.

^ SubSailor - Way too much "urban sprawl/development" since you've left. The suburbs have become so populated now, everybody keeps moving further outwards and all it does is add to your commute time if one has to drive downtown for work...
Yeah I've heard they've developed all the way out past Milford, which was in the sticks back then.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll be working both days of the NYC show at the Honda tent. I hear it's a hassle, but that overtime just means I'm that much closer to my next bike.

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
The shows are fun, but long hours. Curious you mention overtime though, we as dealers up here are "expected" to do this out of the goodness of our hearts, as well as supply a good portion of the wholegoods for display. For me as a rural location it's a major undertaking. First off, it's in the middle of the winter and then I have to be there a day in advance to setup, rent a suitable enclosed trailer for transport of bikes/atv's/power equipment, pay for my own accomodations and meals, as well as leave my work associates shorthanded, and then we have to foot the bill for any damage done to our wares. As for the show itself, I really enjoy them. It's great to meet the people, showcase the new stuff (ok it's been a bit thin on "new" for a few years nowand this year is no different) and genreally just talk bikes and stuff for 3 days.

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 04:29 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
The shows are fun, but long hours. Curious you mention overtime though, we as dealers up here are "expected" to do this out of the goodness of our hearts, as well as supply a good portion of the wholegoods for display. For me as a rural location it's a major undertaking. First off, it's in the middle of the winter and then I have to be there a day in advance to setup, rent a suitable enclosed trailer for transport of bikes/atv's/power equipment, pay for my own accomodations and meals, as well as leave my work associates shorthanded, and then we have to foot the bill for any damage done to our wares. As for the show itself, I really enjoy them. It's great to meet the people, showcase the new stuff (ok it's been a bit thin on "new" for a few years nowand this year is no different) and genreally just talk bikes and stuff for 3 days.
If we work over 40 hours, we get paid overtime by law. Curious... you really work for free? Figured Canada of all places would have labor laws that might help protect you as a worker. That kinda sucks. Or maybe you don't work over 40 hours on the regular?

You are quite noble for making such a sacrifice and then talking it up as to put yourself on some kind of pedestal. Oh, that's right, that actually makes you a douchebag. But congrats, consider yourself virtually patted on your back for being so awesome or you can just shut the fuck up and just do your job.

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-29-2011, 06:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Well aren't you the silver tongued devil? You seem to have totally misunderstood my post, but we're all entitled to an opinion. I do what I do because I enjoy it, not for accolades as you seem to think. If it came out that way in general, it was never intended to, so I do apologise to the forum members if it appeared as a rant. As for you raylee, you have a very impressive command of the more vulgar aspects of the English language, do feel free to combine sex and travel at the earliest opportunity.

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by raylee View Post
If we work over 40 hours, we get paid overtime by law. Curious... you really work for free? Figured Canada of all places would have labor laws that might help protect you as a worker. That kinda sucks. Or maybe you don't work over 40 hours on the regular?

You are quite noble for making such a sacrifice and then talking it up as to put yourself on some kind of pedestal. Oh, that's right, that actually makes you a douchebag. But congrats, consider yourself virtually patted on your back for being so awesome or you can just shut the fuck up and just do your job.
Pretty sure he owns a shop, so he doesn't get paid by the hour. "Douche bags" like him are the people who employ and pay people like you.

He was complaining (and rightfully so in my opinion) that Honda just expects him to cover the out of pocket expenses associated with representing their company at the show. When I worked at the dealership, we were lucky enough to have other dealers cover the oem stuff and we had our own booth. But I can see what a pain in the ass it would be to cover a manufacturer, especially if you were footing the bill and weren't nearby.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 11:20 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Wow raylee, your seeing something that I sure don't. Budoka is anything but a db. How could you possibly get anything like that out of his post? He's just saying.... nevermind.
I think you misread.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode