how to make trackbike to street legal? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
RC-DEVIL's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: ATL
Posts: 2,313
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
how to make trackbike to street legal?

thinking about buying a track title bill of sale only, vin doesnt show up stolen with the police and national insurance crime bureau doesnt list it as what are the next steps

What does the bike need physically? stock harness is in tact, stock exhaust as well


-2 front blinkers
-2 back blinkers/brake light
-1 headlight (where can you find the universal ones that mount under the nose? and how hard are they to install to a stock harness)

paperwork (im clueless)
-im assuming meet up with the police and have them clear it and inspect it then go to the DMV and try n get a bonded title

again im new to this process im just seeing if anybody else has had experience with this? have any tips?

thanks for the wealth of knowledge guys

RC-DEVIL is online now  
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Lifetime Premium
budoka's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Island Lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Not sure how it works in your neck of the woods (someone local may chime in on this) but up here Vehicle Registries (similar to your DMV) has all the requirements for street legal use. Check with them first I'd say. Law enforcement agencies sometimes have their own opinions on what they want to see on the street.

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
budoka is offline  
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Lifetime Premium
1971allchaos's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: W.N.Carolina
Posts: 899
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
WELL, it is a pain in the ass process... Being that you only receive a bill of sale.. If you get the seller to give you as much information on the bike- specifically the chain of ownership. To that -if you have any friends in local law to run a trace on the origanal owner.. Best if you could get that person to help, file a lost title with DMV..
If you find out that the bike has a salvage title, Find out who, or what agency filed it salvage.. DMV should have a form - for that agency to fill out so that you can take it back to DMV..
Then you get the process of making the bike DMV worthy for the road..
Reguardless- You will back at DMV to fill out forms - For either title work, or BONDing a title with DMV..
1971allchaos is offline  
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:


Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome