how are leo vince sbk exhausts? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how are leo vince sbk exhausts?

i'm thinking about buying leo vince sbk slipons for my 04 nh, how are they? is there a performance increase? how do they sound? i'm going to get a power commander also before the spring. i just got the bike a month ago and it came with a 2into1 exhaust, i want get it back to duals, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 12:13 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 331 Post(s)
I don't know why you guys even bother asking silly questions like this...

Anybody that actually has a set of Leo's on their bike is immediately going to profess how awesome they are.

Everybody else is going to tell you what exhausts they run and why you should too.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 12:55 PM

I run stock exhaust and they suck. I would not recommend.

The leos sound awesome and should give you a marginal improvement over stock.

I am by no way qualified to answer this question just hearsay.

2004 Nicky Hayden RC51

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 01:18 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH® View Post
I don't know why you guys even bother asking silly questions like this...

Anybody that actually has a set of Leo's on their bike is immediately going to profess how awesome they are.

Everybody else is going to tell you what exhausts they run and why you should too.
Do you know Rob? From West Coast Motors here in Sacramento. He swears by Leo Vince, and carries their exhaust. He was telling me some of the details of his friendship with the owner and how he traveled to Italy and got to see the plant where they make the Leo Vince's. He also told me that he's had 4 or 5 RC51's and raced them all over CA. I guess I was figuring that your paths might have crossed.

Anyway, I was just wondering what you think of the Vince's.

John, 2000 RC51 #000100

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 01:20 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
While not for an RC, I've ran their SBK slip on exhaust systems my 600RR & on my 1000RR. I do love the Leo Vince exhaust note & remember seeing a few vids posted online for those running them on an RC (give it a Youtube search yet?).

That being said, the fitment on the 600 was marginal; specifically there was an exhaust leak at the catalytic converter to midpipe connection. Several others ran into similar fitment problems so I'm guessing they dropped the ball when it came to getting their dimensions right (there was also an issue with one of the bolt holes lining up with the factory brackets on the bike). No problems with fitment on the 1000 though.

Both SBK slips on exhaust systems were fairly loud with the baffle (the "quiet insert") removed from the end caps. With the baffles installed, they were kinda tame sounding but you could still tell there was an aftermarket exhaust on it.

Anyways, hope that helps a little even though the above was not RC-specific. G'luck.

'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC51
-Competition Werkes FE w/
Clear Alternatives IT

'02 Silver/Black CBR 954RR
'11 Graphite Black CBR 1000RR (sold '15)
'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold '11)
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondog9 View Post

Anyway, I was just wondering what you think of the Vince's.
I like them. They are good quality, but heavy in comparison to most aftermarket exhausts, power gains are nominal. Spare parts are as a rule difficult to get, but that has becomes true with pretty much every brand out there nowadays. Ultimately if the price was right I would tell people to grab a set, but I certainly wouldn't pay more for them than I would a set of Yoshi's etc as there just isn't enough in them to set them apart from other middle of the road, consistent exhausts.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 01:37 PM Thread Starter

thanks guys, hey LDH, i understand you have alot of knowledge about RC's (i've read some of you're other posts) but you didn't offer any of your knowledge to my question, alot of times you actually come across as an arrogant A-HOLE, thank you for responding to my question and giving me your valuable advice, LOL - i understand it's a silly question and it's probably been beaten to death on here, i'm sorry to waste everyones time and i'll try to not ask anymore questions on this forum - i just wanted to see if someone had a bad experience with the slipons - i did a search and couldn't find anything regarding leo vince slipons
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 01:58 PM

I am an arrogant asshole don't let anyone tell you otherwise...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 02:07 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I bought my RC51 with a set of the highmounts on there, they weren't bad and sounded pretty good. The fitment was pretty good, some minor issues with the brackets not getting the two cans semetrical side to side. Fixed with some manual persuasion. Not bad all around, but nothing phenominal.

Performance increase is going to be about the same as any other brand that uses straight tube slip-ons.

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-12-2012, 02:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH® View Post
I am an arrogant asshole don't let anyone tell you otherwise...
hahaha, thats funny, i appreciate that - thank you for your honest answer, i didn't see that response until after i posted mine - thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode