Creating a backup of this brilliant site - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Creating a backup of this brilliant site

Just a thought, as I'm not sure what steps are taken here at RC51 forums.

I'm a member over at www.3wheelerworld.com(3WW) which is basically just like this forum, a massive wealth of knowledge provided by few moderators for a huge community of poeple like me and you to share our experiences, builds, trips.....and so on. It really boils down to the love we share for these awesome machines.

The reason for my post is this, 3WW just crashed, and sadly the moderators are scrambling to save as much of the data that some fear might be lost. How much if any information will be lost, well that rests with the cyberspace gods, lets hope they get as much back as they can. A lot of sad faces, and beers consumed I'm sure. Some speculate that as much as all of the last two years could be gone. Fingers crossed.

Nobody to blame, but definitely something to learn from. Trikes, like our RC51 are a piece history, and with fewer of them out there, its nice to have a resource to help you get through issues, or share fixes and experiences. A lot of that information, may now be gone.

so....

Was wondering what type of back up program we have here, as I may be a little biased, but it would be a true tradedy to lose some of the valuable information we have all shared within the pages of this site. The RC51 is just such a piece of history, I'd hate to see any part of it lost.

If required, or if it would help, perhaps our moderators can request a small nomial fee to help ensure the site is backed up on a basis they feel meets the needs of the site. I know for myself I will gladly step up, as this site has been absolutely paramount in the complete tear down, and rebuild of my 2000 SP1, and yes, I'm almost done, it gets Dyno-d I hope at the latest, the end of February.

Let us know however you can moderators, I know I'm not the only one who would be glad to support this great web site to help ensure things don't just one day disappear. And if this is already been taken care of, feel free to let us know how we can help!

Thanks for reading...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-23-2012, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just an update for those who might be interested, it looks like 3WW has been able to recover everything up to this last friday, a sigh of relief may well be incoming.

Regardless, I'm sure this site has something in place already, just thought I'd ask.

That's GREAT news for the people at 3WW!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode