front end vibration......bended disk brakes?? - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
front end vibration......bended disk brakes??

Hello;
Ive noticed something weird when braking: I feel a ligth vibration at the front suspension, also noticed that the mirrors shakes ligthtly, I checked the disks and did not find anything strange, I felt a little vibration at the front brake handle and thougth that I have a bended disk, I replaced de brake pads for another brand (Goldfren pads, (e bay) sintered HH ), the bike brakes ok, but now Im worried about it.
The front disks are ok, no stains and do not vibrates when I pull upthe front wheel and spin it slowly,
Does anybody feel the same on your bikes?
Ive set the original suspension settting, ( preload:5 turns out, compression damping: 21 turns out fron hard, extension damping:2.5 turns out from hard)
Thanks!

My bike is 2006 model, SP2

ENRIQUE VFR MEX, ACTIVE MOTORCYCLIST SINCE 1990
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 04:44 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
When pads are bedding to the rotor, they lay down a layer of material onto the rotor surface.
If one is changing from one type of pad to another (such as sintered to organic) it's import to remove the previous pad material from the rotor surface before installing the new pads.

If the problem did not exist before you changed to the new pads, I'd suspect you may need to remove the front wheel and use fine wet/dry sandpaper or a brake disk hone to remove the previous surface layer.

Then clean the rotors and install the front wheel and ride easy to allow the new pads to apply their surface layer back onto the rotor surface.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 05:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I bougth a brake cleaner sparay, and applied it using a cotton fabric to the brake disk,All a noticed is less noise at the pads/dick friction, maybe the original pads were of a different material, the bike brakes fine, but just note a little vibration.
The quality of the pavement in Mexico is not too high, maybe it can be affecting..
Thanks a lot lot the information, I will do the sand paper and clean the rotor again.

ENRIQUE VFR MEX, ACTIVE MOTORCYCLIST SINCE 1990

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-29-2012, 06:54 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENRIQUE VFR MEX View Post
I bougth a brake cleaner sparay, and applied it using a cotton fabric to the brake disk,All a noticed is less noise at the pads/dick friction, maybe the original pads were of a different material, the bike brakes fine, but just note a little vibration.
The quality of the pavement in Mexico is not too high, maybe it can be affecting..
Thanks a lot lot the information, I will do the sand paper and clean the rotor again.
Or if you know someone with a sand blaster, that works well too. Just use it on the sections where the pads meet the rotors.

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode