AMA Urges Rider Action on E15 Gas - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2012, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
Waldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Boise Idaho
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
AMA Urges Rider Action on E15 Gas

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2/1217...n-E15-Gas.aspx

Waldo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 08:48 AM
Senior Member
 
COBRA90GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: HOCKEYTOWN MI
Posts: 1,291
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
The full URL didn't copy over in what you posted above, here's the correct/full URL btw:

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2/1217...n-E15-Gas.aspx


Cliff notes:

Quote:
"...Riders should pay attention to this list because no motorcycles or ATVs are currently listed..."
No bikes are listed for E15 fuel, that is...

'06 Black/Metallic Gray RC51
-Competition Werkes FE w/
Clear Alternatives IT

'02 Silver/Black CBR 954RR
'11 Graphite Black CBR 1000RR (sold '15)
'08 Pearl Orange CBR 600RR (sold '11)
COBRA90GT is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
budoka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Island Lake Alberta Canada
Posts: 1,904
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Somebody in the E15 camp has caught a bunch of the Government puppets with a sheep or something. Gas-ohol in any form is liquid crap in my books. Not that it will matter if we howl about it, they'll do whatever they want and tell us it's all good. Aach, was such a good day

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
budoka is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
gts455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Deutschland/Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,169
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by budoka View Post
Somebody in the E15 camp has caught a bunch of the Government puppets with a sheep or something. Gas-ohol in any form is liquid crap in my books. Not that it will matter if we howl about it, they'll do whatever they want and tell us it's all good. Aach, was such a good day
I agree... the sad thing is that even if vehicle manufacturers start to produce motors that can safely and reliably run on E15 without damaging itself, all the old machines are screwed. So all that investment etc. will all be wasted be cause of some stupid politicians and there uninformed opinions on being eco friendly.

If it comes down to that i'll be buying Aviation fuel....which i would really rather not do. Or making weekly runs into the mountains to small gas stations that still sell ethanyl free.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
gts455 is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 04:34 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
madbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,335
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts455 View Post
I agree... the sad thing is that even if vehicle manufacturers start to produce motors that can safely and reliably run on E15 without damaging itself, all the old machines are screwed. So all that investment etc. will all be wasted be cause of some stupid politicians and there uninformed opinions on being eco friendly.

If it comes down to that i'll be buying Aviation fuel....which i would really rather not do. Or making weekly runs into the mountains to small gas stations that still sell ethanyl free.
The newer model cars are going to be built with stainless internals, more direct injection system and viton seals....you guessed it, more ethanol is on the way. Just about all Honda models after '15 will be flex fuel capable for US cars.

How does Brazil cope so well? They are huge in the ethanol business and have been for years. If they can do it, so can the US!



The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
madbuyer is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 04:40 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
gts455's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Deutschland/Colorado Springs
Posts: 3,169
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madbuyer View Post
The newer model cars are going to be built with stainless internals, more direct injection system and viton seals....you guessed it, more ethanol is on the way. Just about all Honda models after '15 will be flex fuel capable for US cars.

How does Brazil cope so well? They are huge in the ethanol business and have been for years. If they can do it, so can the US!
Great....my next investment should be a truck with a pump and a few 55 gal. drums in the back. Closest gas station that sell non ethynol fuel is like an hour and half drive.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
gts455 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2012, 05:23 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
madbuyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,335
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gts455 View Post
Great....my next investment should be a truck with a pump and a few 55 gal. drums in the back. Closest gas station that sell non ethynol fuel is like an hour and half drive.
I remember when people were in an uproar back in the 70s when they guvmint pulled the lead out of regular fuel (yeah, so do I)

The additives guys went nuts!

I kind of equate that to this also....



The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
madbuyer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome