I <3 thoughtful strangers. - Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Hig
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I <3 thoughtful strangers.

Ever have someone do something for you and you thought, "wow, they totally did something for me that I thought I could never do!" Well apparently that person and my bike met today. My 11 year old fairings were looking too new for this decade so a thoughtful stranger decided to help me out and put a nice crack, all the way through mind you-no half ass work for my bike, on the right side in the rear cowl below the rear bolts on the riders seat. Luckily said stranger wasn't here when I got home so I couldn't return the favor. He really missed out. I have a magical Glock 19 that grants wishes if you put your head up to the barrel.

So, I can get a full replacement, new OEM, with matching seat cowl for around $380. Going to trade the silver tail for the black tail just need to make sure that it was the only tail used on the 03's so I don't screw up the order. Any objections? This, ladies and gentlemen is why you get $100 deductible comp.

Pics later after I get done cleaning das motorrad.

2001 #62. Ohlins rear/valves, Micron high mount, HyperPro damper, SharkSkinz, Tyga billet triple clamp, Tyga Carbon Fiber fender and hugger, Ti bolt/custom subframe/alien motion 8 cell diet, 15/41 520, COP conv. PCIII, Venhill lines, modified air box, turn signals in headlights...<deep breath> ZG Touring windscreen, Tech G rear sets, CRF450 rear master w/HRC cover, Tokico 6 pots w/V-pads, CRG Bar end mirrors, PSR Shorty levers-use only clutch, wanna-be basic racer paint, Roman Gold PC wheels

Last edited by Hig; 03-03-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
speechless.....sorry bro....that does suck

2001 SP1 - Code Name F-Bomb - PCIII USB / D&D High Mount System / 42T / EK SRX 530X / CRG Levers / K&N Filters / Stomp Grip / Rev Limiter Mod / Flapper Mod / PAIR Mod / Undertail / Hugger / 6K HID Lights / Speigler lines / Wave Rotors / CF Airbox / Shorai Battery - More to come, as soon as my slush fund get's more "Slushy" !
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
Hig
Lifetime Premium

Thanks man. Bright side is that I get to change my rear cowl sooner and I'm going to do a repair on the old one and start my SHTF collection of spare body parts.

2001 #62. Ohlins rear/valves, Micron high mount, HyperPro damper, SharkSkinz, Tyga billet triple clamp, Tyga Carbon Fiber fender and hugger, Ti bolt/custom subframe/alien motion 8 cell diet, 15/41 520, COP conv. PCIII, Venhill lines, modified air box, turn signals in headlights...<deep breath> ZG Touring windscreen, Tech G rear sets, CRF450 rear master w/HRC cover, Tokico 6 pots w/V-pads, CRG Bar end mirrors, PSR Shorty levers-use only clutch, wanna-be basic racer paint, Roman Gold PC wheels

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sucks to hear but good thing you were covered, I have been skating around with the minimum but I think this year im going to load her up cause the dollars are adding up on this thing and wouldn't want to have to fix anything out of pocket cause that would kill me..
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
wow....amazing to me how people don't take responsibility for their actions. Sorry to hear about this man, at least the damage is not too bad.

2001 Honda RC51 SP1
1996 Honda CBR 900RR
2003 Aprilia RSV Mille R
1999 Aprilia RS50
2012 Triumph Daytona 675R (Sold)
2010 BMW S1000RR (Sold)
2005 Yamaha R6 (Sold)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 10:03 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Just be glad it was the tail, I think that is the cheapest piece on the bike.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 12:51 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.miller123 View Post
Just be glad it was the tail, I think that is the cheapest piece on the bike.
+1^.....try finding replacement Satos!

The very first schoolbook that was written had God all over it. --Dave Mustaine
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Lifetime Premium

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
I feel for you Hig. I had a knobend t-bone my truck in the parking lot at the dealership a couple years ago. Caved in the drivers and rear door so the ***head knew he hit it. Had it been one of my bikes, God knows how much damage would have ben done, the bill for my truck was $2900 Really sucks that people have no stones between their legs and can't pony up for their own acts

Duct tape can't fix stupid...but it sure helps muffle the sound
'03 SP2, '09 GL1800
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 03:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How do you suspect that they did such a thing and why? That plastic seems to be awful tough!

2000 sp1 number 000039
full hindle off-road exhaust
power commander
double bubble screen
sprocket swap 1 down 3 up
k and n filters
and now flapper mod thanks to rc forums
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
Hig
Lifetime Premium

Probably drunk. I live in a pretty nice little gated townhouse/apartment community but a few neighbors like to have their moron friends over. I was trying to figure out how it cracked myself. There's a little mud on the panel that you can notice and if you know me there is never mud on my bike, well the fairings at least...I had elongated the Frankenbolt holes to eliminate any tension in the plastic. And I clean the bike nearly every other day and inspect every square inch. It also is cracked on one side, the other shows no signs of stress. This also happens to be the side facing our parking spot which was taken by a non-resident the night prior. I had left that AM and not looked at the bike (closely ). Going to do well with the claim. CycleCentral has the parts for 349 fairing and 27 seat cowl and that will be for the black tail with silver plates. I'm going to do a glass repair on the crack and keep the stock tail because I'm a parts whore. Working on what to do with the excess insurance money....

Here's le da-mage.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda RC51 Forum : RC51 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode